Smart glasses with Windows OS

Started by
13 comments, last by Joseph Nguyen 6 years ago
9 hours ago, Tom Sloper said:

Have you looked at Intel's Vaunt?

Missed this somehow. Vaunt isn't liable to do you much good in the video department. It's a tiny textual heads-up display, intentionally even more limited than Google Glass (i.e. lacking camera).

33 minutes ago, Joseph Nguyen said:

Let's say I'm on top of a mountain and I'm streaming live what I see (using AR glasses) to a friend who is on his PC.

That's pretty much the exact opposite of the situation you originally described (mirroring PC display to a headset). The good news is that this direction is likely to be noticeably simpler. You basically just want to live stream video from your HMD over the internet, and then send back hand-drawn annotations.

Plus, I'm fairly sure that Twilio has already built this app for you :)

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Advertisement

Yep, I knew I would lost someone with the X approach.

So the solution I was asking was to mirror the PC display to a headset, more precisely here, I would like to mirror the tablet display on the AR headset. Why ? Because originally, the solution that I found to annotate dynamically, was for my friend to share his screen with me so I could see what he sees on his desktop (I know, it's so stupid to do it that way, but I couldn't find a solution that would do it simply). As I'm streaming what I see live, he would see what I see and he could annotate on his desktop PC for instance. And as he is sharing his screen with me, I would see his desktop monitor with annotations on my tablet, at this point I need the mirror tablet to AR.

You basically just want to live stream video from your HMD over the internet, and then send back hand-drawn annotations.

And yes that is the big big picture. Additionnal context would be Windows OS as I'll use a surface tablet for raw power.

Thank you for the link, I read the description and I'm having issues picturing what it does exactly, do you know if there is a demonstration video somewhere ? Don't get me wrong, the description seems to do exactly what I need (well almost, I'll do the rest of course), but there is a huge difference between what I understood of the project and what it does exactly.

Thank you very much for your help,
Best regards,
Joseph

4 hours ago, Joseph Nguyen said:

do you know if there is a demonstration video somewhere?

There's an accompanying article as well.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Sorry I didn't see the article. Thank you very much, I'll dig deep in the solution before asking further questions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement