Multiplayer Pac-man Challenge

Started by
62 comments, last by DexterZ101 6 years ago

I had a chance to boot it up! Very nice work! The game play matches Get 'Em Dx very nicely.

I'll play it a bit more later today. :) 

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

Added a project page here: 

Can't wait to see other entries!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

16 hours ago, Endurion said:

Added a project page here: 

Can't wait to see other entries!

I think your project is private? I get this message:

image.png.5e771350b8d2548467c9dc02d5c41cf4.png

Programmer and 3D Artist

Argh, forgot to publish it. Thanks :)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I've completed my entry the best I could in the available time. :)

Project Page and Blog below:

Looking forward to the next GameDev Challenge!

Programmer and 3D Artist

PACMANVS.jpg.b29a8b5a26133ea47ef1c7b206bece19.jpg

Nice job @DexterZ101 ! :) 

Programmer and 3D Artist

1 minute ago, Rutin said:

Nice job @DexterZ101 ! :) 

Thanks man and likewise  I downloaded your entry  and play with it ^ _^ y Cool stuff!

Hey everyone - nice work on the entries for this one. I hope it's been challenging and rewarding for you.

Still officially two days left for entries, but I'm going to be offline for a few days and won't be able to review entries, so I'll extend submissions to April 2.

Also at that time I'm going to setup a new area for GameDev Challenges so we can expand it beyond this forum. It seems there's enough interest in these to warrant the move and provide more infrastructure to support it. I'll have more information on that next week, along with the next challenge. By the way, nominations for the next challenge are open.

I'm also glad to see entrants are using the Projects section - it's a great way to make a download available and to showcase your game as part of your profile. Please let me know if you have any ideas on how we can make it better.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I wasn't sure if this is still the area for the GameDev.net Challenges, but my suggestion is possibly a Tower Defence game that has the following:

- Main Menu

- At least 1 Map

- 20 different waves (can contain the same sprites or a mix of sprites, but each wave needs to differ in some way, either speed, health, abilities, different enemies, mixed enemies, ect...)

- Point system that awards coins per enemy killed and wave completed

- Lives that are reduced for each enemy that reaches the end of the path

- 5 possible towers to build with some form of an upgrade feature

- Towers can be built anywhere outside the moving path, or you can implement a mazing feature in which you build a maze between the start and end points for the enemies to go through as your towers attack. There must be a a way to prevent the user from blocking the maze.

- Boss wave

- Game over screen

- Winner screen

- Sound either through 1 music track and/or sound effects (firing, enemies being hit, ect...)

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement