Platform/Stealth: which one sells best?

Started by
3 comments, last by DenMig90 5 years, 9 months ago

Hi everybody! Me and my team are actually working on two different game ideas and sooner or later we have to decide which one to carry out in order to find a publisher... one is a platform adventure which metroidvania mechanics, the other is a narrative stealth game, can anyone give me some advice in order to choose wisely which game to carry out?

Thanks!

Advertisement

No more stealth games please, there are so many already.

I think they sell better because there are so many.

Only look how stupid these games are : splinter cell, i,m under a table : some blind enemy wont see mee and keeps talking in hisself, who invited that crap ???, really people should be ashamed who make this crap, and even play this crap.

I think nintendo metroid quality/famousity sells better, only you are no nintendo or metroid.

If you ask what music i like : only good music, in all genres there is also bad music.

So it does not matters, if you have nintendo quality you can make either game.

If this is your first game : go for the metroid.

As for castlevania it has some anti religious things in it, konami is also like that, just like ubisoft titles and others, all anti religious, dont go for it.

I really love many konami games, only they are like that so i dont love em.

Other brands are just better, not so much illuminati freemason bullshit, i hate them.

F*ck ubisoft for sure.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

The answer is going to be biased based so you are going to get mixed answers no matter what, which is probably what you're after. Some people love the Metroidvania style while others enjoy the stealth style. My opinion is a narrative stealth game, as that sounds like it could be interesting if done correctly. I don't care too much for the Splinter Cell series either, but there are other stealth style games that have been fun. The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Dishonored, Little Nightmares, the Far Cry series, etc. are a few that I have enjoyed over the years. With that being said, I enjoy the nostalgic feeling I get from Metroid/Castlevania/etc., but not nearly as much as a friend who is die hard.

On a side note... You and you're team are not Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Valve, etc., but that's what makes you... you. We don't always need copycats and we don't always need AAA games for that matters. A good indie title brings me just as much of enjoyment as a AAA game does. For instance, I just recently played Hacknet and couldn't put it down. He did an amazing job on the game and it's one of the rare games I'm going to replay. Don't let other people try to bring you down. I don't know the experience of your team, but the fact that you are making this post and doing leg work before jumping into the programming phase is a good sign. I hope the best for you and you team.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, AtomicWinter said:

The answer is going to be biased based so you are going to get mixed answers no matter what, which is probably what you're after. Some people love the Metroidvania style while others enjoy the stealth style. My opinion is a narrative stealth game, as that sounds like it could be interesting if done correctly. I don't care too much for the Splinter Cell series either, but there are other stealth style games that have been fun. The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Dishonored, Little Nightmares, the Far Cry series, etc. are a few that I have enjoyed over the years. With that being said, I enjoy the nostalgic feeling I get from Metroid/Castlevania/etc., but not nearly as much as a friend who is die hard.

On a side note... You and you're team are not Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Valve, etc., but that's what makes you... you. We don't always need copycats and we don't always need AAA games for that matters. A good indie title brings me just as much of enjoyment as a AAA game does. For instance, I just recently played Hacknet and couldn't put it down. He did an amazing job on the game and it's one of the rare games I'm going to replay. Don't let other people try to bring you down. I don't know the experience of your team, but the fact that you are making this post and doing leg work before jumping into the programming phase is a good sign. I hope the best for you and you team.

Thank you very much for the answer and the good wishes! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement