Develop drop down lists

Started by
17 comments, last by Locuskidd 5 years, 8 months ago

Once the submenu has dropped down and the gameobject is from true to false and back to true the state machine doesn't work as it initially did. 

Advertisement
1 hour ago, davejones said:

Once the submenu has dropped down and the gameobject is from true to false and back to true the state machine doesn't work as it initially did. 

I animated the values, maybe changing something removed the animation?

I like using the animation for this kind of thing, because then I don't need to check when the animation is done. Instead the animation changes the values right before it stops playing. Moving from the Animation to a "idle" animation; also means the values don't reset when the animation is done.

Just check the original to see how it worked. If you still can't solve it I will try to help; unfortunately I am a little pressed for time at the moment.

I have tried numerous things but still can't seem to solve the issue. I have listed below in points what the issue is. 

- press UI button that plays drop down animation clip
- press same UI button again and fold up animation clip is played 
- press UI button and drop down plays again
- set GameObject active to false when the drop down clip has been played 
- Set GameObject to true whilst the list is dropped down 
- press button to try and fold up but doesn't work like before GameObject was set to false.

I have added a link to a video with the image. https://gfycat.com/SkinnyNegativeChuckwalla

public int State { get; private set; }

public void BtnDropDown()
    {
        State = 1 - State;
        m_aniPlayer.SetInteger("MenuState", State);
    }

void Start()
    {
        State = 0;
        m_aniPlayer = this.GetComponent<Animator>();
    }

The animation state machine has an int for the state but so too does the class. I am looking at how to keep the animator on the current state rather than resetting to idle on being re enabled. 

Psuedocode 

onEnable

menu state = current state

OnDisable

menu state = current state

I suppose its just a case of finding out how to do this because I believe the issue is that the animation state machine  resets on disabling/ re enabling of the GameObject. 

On 8/16/2018 at 12:53 PM, davejones said:

The animation state machine has an int for the state but so too does the class.

It is recommended to use the Unity animation state for this. Or you could just check that the animation state is always equal to the class state.

Basically the Unity animations uses states as triggers, it is always checking the states to see if it can move to the next state. Also checking the animation state instead of the class state should have a very similar cost; because it is only a pointer.

In other words, you could just use the Unity animation states; no reason not to.

12 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

It is recommended to use the Unity animation state for this. Or you could just check that the animation state is always equal to the class state.

Basically the Unity animations uses states as triggers, it is always checking the states to see if it can move to the next state. Also checking the animation state instead of the class state should have a very similar cost; because it is only a pointer.

In other words, you could just use the Unity animation states; no reason not to.

So is it a case of just using the animation states parameters such as the trigger parameter and controlling the parameter though a class? 

2 hours ago, davejones said:

So is it a case of just using the animation states parameters such as the trigger parameter and controlling the parameter though a class? 

I think you might of hit the nail on the hesd.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement