email spam at registration email

Started by
1 comment, last by khawk 5 years, 8 months ago

The email I used to register to this site is unique.  It has existed for about seven years.  For the first time in that period of time, I have begun receiving email spam to the email address I used to sign up for this site.  I thought I would post that here because it is possible the user database has been compromised.

Advertisement

A spam email was reported last week by other users using unique emails. After extensive review I've found no evidence of a recent breach, although further measures have been taken to improve security in some areas. If I do come across a problem I'll let everyone know.

Additionally, I received the same spam for a GameDev.net email that is not in the GameDev.net database and not used for any other services or public information (spam header sent by a few helpful members to confirm). Same sender, header, timeframe, etc. This confuses the issue further. I reported the header to SendGrid since it came through their services.

If you have concerns over any personal information stored in the GameDev.net database it's best to request it through the support portal at https://www.gamedev.net/support. The information stored is minimal (look at your profile/account + IPs), but I can provide it for peace of mind.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement