rotating using trig functions

Started by
11 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 6 months ago
On 10/23/2018 at 7:08 PM, phil67rpg said:

well  I am doing this game for a class in college, however my teacher is not very helpful, I am on my own

Based off your posts and code, I feel you are unqualified to make that assessment, and the most likely problem is that you do not know when and how to ask questions or to get help in general, as you demonstrate repeatedly here.
Even now you are unable to ask questions, and I was one of the very last who had faith that you were sincere in your efforts, but I am now convinced you are just an obnoxious troll.  Having these kinds of problems after this long can only be intentional.

So now that the joke is over, perhaps you can just leave us alone now?  I'm not sure why it is funny to troll a community that is just aiming at helping people make the video games that all humans enjoy, but it's either that or you know "sin(), cos(), glVertex3f(), * = multiply, I should push/pop matrices, begin/end things evenly," and yet you somehow completely have literally no concept what-so-ever as to even barely begin to ask a question, which would be suspicious on its own, but from someone in a field where asking questions is 1,000% necessary, and the answers always more complex than how to ask a question?

Enough is enough.  Even if you were legitimate (hint: you're not), it wouldn't matter because you can't ask questions, so why would anyone bother trying to help you go into an industry (or pursue a hobby project or whatever) in which you need to be able to ask questions?
When people come here and ask how to make X big game, we don't start giving them advice on how to do the 10th step until they have demonstrated completion/understanding/mastery of the first 9 steps.  We call that trying to run before you can walk.

Right now, knowing how to ask a question is walking, and no one should be trying to help you get past anything else.  Why are we applying a different standard here?

I am interested in helping people program, not in teaching them the basics for being a human.  When you decide to stop trolling, I may still be willing to help with your code, assuming you knock the crap off soon enough that I haven't gotten completely utterly sick of your act (hint: stop trolling soon or I will not be the only one who abandons you fully).

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Advertisement

well spiro why do you respond to my posts obiviously you don't like me and you are always negative toward me.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:08 PM, phil67rpg said:

I am doing this game for a class in college

Locking thread. Try your teacher again. Try your classmates.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement