Dungeon Crawler Challenge: Depths of Orpheus

Started by
2 comments, last by DavinCreed 5 years ago

A day late, but I was almost done with it so I'm posting it anyway. I tried to go for a classic game sound title and I mixed it with some mythology.

SSTitle.thumb.png.07a131ce6386fc8d02c670f0d929bb92.png

http://www.devpirates.com/Builds/DepthsOfO rpheus/DepthsOfOrpheusProto.zip

First, I know the controls need some work, but I don't mind hearing any issues people have with them. I want to work on them in the future. 

Keyboard Controls:

• WASD and arrows are move
  • Space key attacks
  • Enter key uses environment objects (doors, stairs and the GameDev shrine)
  • Q and E keys cycle through held weapons
  • Clicking on potion, bandage, and stitch buttons uses those items
  • The 1 and 2 keys eat and drink respectively
  • P and Esc keys pause the game

Gamepad (only tested with an xbox controller):

• Left joystick and hat are move
  • Left face button (X) attacks
  • Bottom face button (A) uses doors, stairs, and the GameDev shrine
  • Left and right trigger buttons cycle between weapons
  • Left shoulder button eats, right shoulder button drinks
  • Everything else needs
  • All else requires mouse inputs (sorry)

Items:

• Armor
    • Cloth, leather, chain, and plate
  • Weapons
    • Club, dagger, and sword
  • Treatments
    • Bandage, stitches, heal potion, speed potion, blood potion, sustenance potion, strength potion, boost potion
  • Sustenance
    • Food and water
  • Currency
    • GD coins
  • GameDev shrine (restores all stats)

Mobs

• Rat
  • Goblin
  • Hobgoblin
  • Golem

The farther down you get, the better the items and stronger the mobs. Watch your health, you can die from your injuries if you don't take care of them.

Hobgoblin.thumb.png.4c85f52b742e437cdc5baab7cadab900.png

There are still some bugs lurking.

Postmortem:

Advertisement

Nice work on this one! I played a bit today but didn't beat it yet! I went down several levels so I'm not sure how deep this goes before the end game. :D I'll try more later on.

Programmer and 3D Artist

3 hours ago, Rutin said:

Nice work on this one! I played a bit today but didn't beat it yet! I went down several levels so I'm not sure how deep this goes before the end game. :D I'll try more later on.

2 hours ago, Anthony Constantinou - CEO - CWM FX said:

Even I was trying from few hours, but not came on the right conclusion....☹️☹️

Thank you for playing it!

There currently is no end. After getting to this point for the challenge, it's about at a prototype level, and I'm still trying to work out the design of the game to improve it. There is a long list of ideas, but I don't feel like I have the thing yet that will tie it all together. An ending to the game is one of the main ones, and a lot of others are around making the game playable just through a controller (as well as mouse and KB). Adding in more mobs with different abilities, some more items like bow and arrow and scrolls. Curses and enchantments to some items. And having an inventory system to let the player have more control over their items. Hidden doors and items that have to be searched for. A rest button that speeds up time to let the player heal without waiting too long through it. Pathing for the AI and AI that gives up after a while.

And I think that might be enough, but I'm not sure. I won't know until I put them in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement