Looking for some beta testers for a small goofy game -The Real Man Summer Championship

Started by
7 comments, last by saku8 3 years, 11 months ago

CapsuleLarge.png.dea4dbb04d0b43a256a30964fa9ab8cd.png

Hello, I am releasing a small game this summer, and would like to get some outside opinions and testing for different machines for it.

The job is not paid, but I am not asking much from the testers; just play the game casually for a while (30mins, hour or so), and fill a small survey.
You will get the gamekey for final game, my gratitude, and your name/nickname in the credits, if you want so.

Note that the game is in phase that I am not going to do any major changes to it anymore, so unfortunately I cannot listen to big creative ideas about "hey make a stage where you do this or this" etc, since I cant prolong the schedule forever for this. So testing is more about finding bugs, performance, and of course if game is too hard to understand, I will have to make it more accessible. If small ideas are not too time demanding and sound fun, of course I will concider adding those though!

I have the trailer out for it probably next week, and first beta released about the same time.

Oh, and game style? I guess it falls into "casual", "indie", "meme", "humor" categories, but Ive spent time to make it look decent. Basically, its 8 minigames (+variations of them you unlock later) in one game, inspired by the classic NES and Arcade sports games such as Track & Field, Gold Medal Challenge, Skate or Die, etc.

The release and beta test will be through Steam.

System requirements; tb found out.

-I expect it to run on low-medium settings with gtx 560ti and better, and I know it runs 60+fps on high settings with gtx 970.

-Processor ? Medium level gaming PC processor from 2013 or newer should be good enough.

-2.5GB of HD (currently, I will optimize this later)

-4GB of memory

-DX11, 64bit Windows

Thank you for showing interest!

lvl5.thumb.png.080de956bac8ef99952d64780703cab5.pnglvl8.thumb.png.2392ae6ff32d4988ffc85b611f54d249.png

lvl4.thumb.png.fcf45bdf5fee458b1d23faf729feacc2.png

Advertisement

Nobody willing to test it just a bit?

Gif1.gif

Hi SpikyPike. Sup. As far as I can tell, there is not an available link to this on the project page. Being Unreal, I can understand because of the potential download file size. (That's point one) The main character you push to the front, I have that exact friend. Dude, it's as if you have video reference of my buddy. He doesn't act like that any longer because, well, that life took everything from him but his truck. When we were living it, times were grand though. So, I can relate to this. My initial impulse is to click away because of it. I know where the mentality goes and the little it takes to be it. On the other hand, I understand the release potential and the power of controlled flamboyant (or so the musician in me says). Where I'm going with this is, there should be a certain amount of accountability or perhaps responsibility. There must be a positive message in there somewhere (beginning, middle and end) other than the wild and crazy, even if it's subtle.

With that said, I'm on board. LoL...The things we used to do to each other (on a work week basis) would shock even this designer. If I were to choose only one image, I would pick the first and say that you are making excellent use of color. Then if I step back, I think, hmmm...actually this is exactly the place to virtually behave is this fashion. But again, it's so close the edge of the moral cliff that care needs to be exercised as to not overly influence the extremely pliable of us. Those are my surface thoughts, without any play through. Then there is the flip side of the coin, as always, there may be promise here but the path will be littered with social landmines to navigate in my opinion. So that would scare me off. Pretty powerful, what you have going here. 

I'm actually looking forward to that trailer :) 

edit: I'd play and give feedback to the best of my ability. As for mention, that I would pass on. I suppose if I were to give a closing statement at this junction, I would advise caution on how you present this. Make it obvious somehow the real reason for making this game and why it's okay virtually. I suppose the mini-games make that apparent. 

"with great power comes great responsibility" seems fitting. 

Hi I sent a message as well but I was not sure if you will recognise or not. So I put comment as well.
My name is Rabi William I'm doing Streaming on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCigF_H0bjIxRKtohIOrEALg

I just found your game and noticed that you were looking for a beta tester for the game. I'm pretty interested in your game and I just wonder if I can play for test. I don't have to make recording clip if you don't want. Just interested in your game. On the other hand, if you don't mind I would like to introduce your game on my channel. My channel is not so big yet (about 9000 subs) but it could contribute your promotion. It's up to you. If you don't want to show any part before publishing I won't.

Just let me know. My contact is rabiwilliam04@ gmail.com (please delete space)

Thank you for considering this e-mail. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Rabi

On 6/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, Rabi William said:

Hi I sent a message as well but I was not sure if you will recognise or not. So I put comment as well.
My name is Rabi William I'm doing Streaming on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCigF_H0bjIxRKtohIOrEALg

I just found your game and noticed that you were looking for a beta tester for the game. I'm pretty interested in your game and I just wonder if I can play for test. I don't have to make recording clip if you don't want. Just interested in your game. On the other hand, if you don't mind I would like to introduce your game on my channel. My channel is not so big yet (about 9000 subs) but it could contribute your promotion. It's up to you. If you don't want to show any part before publishing I won't.

Just let me know. My contact is rabiwilliam04@ gmail.com (please delete space)

Thank you for considering this e-mail. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Rabi

Hello Rabi,

Thank you for your message and for showing interest!

Everyone is welcome, no matter how big the channel is. And allowed to broadcast as well.  

I noticed your channel is in Japanese. Its actually pretty funny coincidence, as I used to live in Japan for close to 14 years, and worked in a famous Japanese game studio for 7 years before I decided to try my wings as an indie developer. Im thinking about adding Japanese translation to this game too, even though it might not make to the launch, as my current game is not built around localization - but thats something I can make work quite easily. Just that since I didnt have the funds to localize the game to most languages, I didnt (want to) think about the issue altogether during development.

Im currently in the middle of adding few small features to the game and receiving voice files from some voice actors, but in about a week the game should be in a stable build again (still unfinished things here and there), and I can ship a build to testers.  Ill send you a mail and a key then. :)

thanks Rabi, and best wishes for your channel too!

On 5/31/2019 at 6:42 PM, GoliathForge said:

Hi SpikyPike. Sup. As far as I can tell, there is not an available link to this on the project page. Being Unreal, I can understand because of the potential download file size. (That's point one) The main character you push to the front, I have that exact friend. Dude, it's as if you have video reference of my buddy. He doesn't act like that any longer because, well, that life took everything from him but his truck. When we were living it, times were grand though. So, I can relate to this. My initial impulse is to click away because of it. I know where the mentality goes and the little it takes to be it. On the other hand, I understand the release potential and the power of controlled flamboyant (or so the musician in me says). Where I'm going with this is, there should be a certain amount of accountability or perhaps responsibility. There must be a positive message in there somewhere (beginning, middle and end) other than the wild and crazy, even if it's subtle.

With that said, I'm on board. LoL...The things we used to do to each other (on a work week basis) would shock even this designer. If I were to choose only one image, I would pick the first and say that you are making excellent use of color. Then if I step back, I think, hmmm...actually this is exactly the place to virtually behave is this fashion. But again, it's so close the edge of the moral cliff that care needs to be exercised as to not overly influence the extremely pliable of us. Those are my surface thoughts, without any play through. Then there is the flip side of the coin, as always, there may be promise here but the path will be littered with social landmines to navigate in my opinion. So that would scare me off. Pretty powerful, what you have going here. 

I'm actually looking forward to that trailer :) 

edit: I'd play and give feedback to the best of my ability. As for mention, that I would pass on. I suppose if I were to give a closing statement at this junction, I would advise caution on how you present this. Make it obvious somehow the real reason for making this game and why it's okay virtually. I suppose the mini-games make that apparent. 

"with great power comes great responsibility" seems fitting. 

And thanks to you too, Goliath.

Its actually an real issue I did give a thought to, and there are subtle and not that subtle hints about it in the game. 

While the game is about being an "Alpha Male",  its mostly making fun out of the whole culture, not supporting it. But thanks to your thoughtful writing, I added a small info-page (which the game has its unique system for, which is used for many hidden things as well) telling about history and issues of the competitions in the game, which all (except 1) are actually real competitions in Finland and scandinavia.

Same kinda goes for the characters. They are all very stereotypical, cliche, and at quick glance even racist portraits of people of different nations, but my sole intention is to make fun out of the ridiculous stereotypes, not of the countries or people themselves. Everyone knows that the people in the countries are not actually like that, so I just wanted to make them so over the top that it (hopefully) is noticeable that the joke is about the stereotypes and whole Alpha thing, not supporting the concept. But, as said, I added some background info inside the game, that tells more about the real-life roots of the games events, and bad things around them too.

Thanks for your message and interest!

This is the link to the trailer btw.

2 hours ago, SpikyPike said:

Hello Rabi,

Thank you for your message and for showing interest!

Everyone is welcome, no matter how big the channel is. And allowed to broadcast as well.  

I noticed your channel is in Japanese. Its actually pretty funny coincidence, as I used to live in Japan for close to 14 years, and worked in a famous Japanese game studio for 7 years before I decided to try my wings as an indie developer. Im thinking about adding Japanese translation to this game too, even though it might not make to the launch, as my current game is not built around localization - but thats something I can make work quite easily. Just that since I didnt have the funds to localize the game to most languages, I didnt (want to) think about the issue altogether during development.

Im currently in the middle of adding few small features to the game and receiving voice files from some voice actors, but in about a week the game should be in a stable build again (still unfinished things here and there), and I can ship a build to testers.  Ill send you a mail and a key then. :)

thanks Rabi, and best wishes for your channel too!

Sounds great! Thank you for your response. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Please send me an e-mail.

Best wishes,

Rabi

Hello my name is Saku Nurmi

Haluaisin testata peliänne

Youtube: Sakuzapro

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement