[Rev-Share] Soviet Horror Visual-Novel

Started by
4 comments, last by Mamounetaleb.music 4 years, 9 months ago

Hello there!

We’re currently working on a horror soviet-themed visual novel.

What is the game about?

The game, without expressing many details is about the horrors of that era to religious people.

Concepts and stories from different backgrounds will be used in the game. Such as deadly and heavenly sins and virtues, history and culture of soviet times, Mennonite settlements, demons and hallucinations, and much more.

What do you add to the team?

There are currently five people working on this project.

I have shipped several android games and applications for the past 3 years. My tasks will mostly be development, writing and game design.

Two people are focusing on Writing, and one on Art. Last one is an additional help for development. We all pitch in on game design and mechanics, sometimes on story as well.

What is the current stage of the game? What are future milestones?

A mini prototype of the game has already been released on Android. The game was released as a CYOH, fully textual. After I met the artist we have decided to rework the story and add art to make it a visual novel. We’re planning to release the game in chapters rather than one big chunk. Our deadline for the first chapter is late 2019.

We’ve managed to produce a small VN-like prototype, and we’re working hard on finishing the scenes of the first chapter. But we’re still working on game design, choices, characters, narrative and more. And we’re planning to release the game on Android (Maybe iOS) and PC.

What kind of talents do you need?

You definitely DON’T have to be the best at your trade! Even theoretical knowledge is acceptable as long as you’re willing to learn and do your part.

1- Artist - Help existing artist in terms of 2D Environment creation, GUI, Character creation and more.

2- Producer/Administrator - In charge of documentation and GDD, social media marketing and community creation and management. Graphic design knowledge is desired.

3- Anything you think could benefit the game production!

What am I getting in return?

1- The fun of seeing something small growing into something bigger the more you work into it! (That applies to dogs and kids too I guess)

2- Appropriate percentage of Rev-Share between all joining members as the game will be shipped in two versions, the free one with ads and the paid without. on itch, Google Play Store, App Store, Humble Bundle (Possibly GOG + Steam).

develteam project

Released game on Android

Thank you for reading,

Haytham

Advertisement

I'm a sound designer/composer, would like to help on this project.  Check out prev work here:

https://bunkerstudio.squarespace.com

If interested please let me know

Hey there!

I'm an audio engineer and sound designer looking to get into sound for games. I get it might be a bit early in the stages of production to be thinking about sound design and cues, but I would love to help and be a part of your project.

If you would like to see any of my previous work, feel free to send me a message or email me at nuno@machnet.ca

Thanks! :)

Nuno Machado

Hi! I'm a concept artist and character designer and i think i could participate actively on your project.

Portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/velo_emp

discord: Velo S. #8378 

I have an instagram account for sketches and WIPS, check it our if you want to take a closer look on my workflow:

https://www.instagram.com/velo.dir

Hello, 

I find the concept very interesting and would love to learn more. 

I am music composer, check my portfolio here :

Thank you for your interest, 

Taleb Mamoune 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement