Looking for a 2D artist

Started by
5 comments, last by Freakinkat 4 years, 9 months ago

Hi,

My name's Greg Giddens, I'm a game developer, programmer, looking for some help creating art assets for the strategy management game I'm developing.

The game is called Schism and it's being developed in Unity. Schism is a strategy management game where the player manages a cult and their compound, building the compound to be self-sufficient, recruiting more members, and growing the cult's influence. Additionally, the player will also engaging in turn-based tactical missions to further their cult's agenda.

Currently the development team is two people strong: I'm programming and co-designing, and my creative partner Steve Peacock is writing and co-designing. We've been developing Schism since February and have the main systems in place. What's really holding us back at the moment is our lack of quality 2D art assets in the form of building sprites, character portraits and scenes, and UI art. However, for the time being we just want to create a short reveal trailer with 2D stills so we can launch a Kickstarter. 

For the trailer we need 9 scenes of people performing particular actions (more details would be provided once collaboration is agreed) and a stylised version of our title, Schism.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to pay. We would, of course, pay if our Kickstarter was successful after the fact, however, I appreciate how much of a red flag that may raise with some of you, so please consider this to be a completely unpaid job.

If anyone is interested please leave a comment with a link to any samples.

Many Thanks.

Advertisement

Sorry, no artist here. I just wonder why you cannot use assets from an asset store (like pubg)? Also while I (a programmer) have trouble to come up with good looking 2D art, drawing a building in blender is quite easy. Also there you could use MakeHuman for characters and then animate them. Edit the animation full screen and then scale down for your sprites. That lets it look quite okay most of the time.

My wife is an exectional 2d artist. If you'd like feel free to contact me for more information.

Hey Greg,

Is there a particular style that you're looking to achieve or come close to? Some artists might be better at pixel art, vector style or painterly, for example. Is it animation heavy in any areas? Also, maybe post a screenshot of your WIP to help artists understand where you are coming from. Just saying.

Hi Guy. We’re fairly flexible about the style. In our minds we’re after painterly, but we’d certainly like to see vector style. We don’t want pixel art for this project though.

Hi arnero. Thanks for the suggestions, we may end up having to go that route, but we’re keen to try and find an artist to work with us on this project.

I sent a few samples I found of her work, but I dont feel I'm doing her justice by speaking for her, so when she wakes up here in a bit maybe we can see if she meets your criteria:)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement