I can't find an artist, why?

Started by
37 comments, last by theANMATOR 4 years, 8 months ago

As it is not paid (yet), there is no real asset list. I'm happy if I get any help at all.

That said, I have a lot of ideas that I need assets for. Complete structures (houses and such things) with all the details would be nice to have so I can add a couple quests. For example a guard tower where I can put a guard on top and then a quest to bring him his meal and as a follow-up quest he tells you about a missing guard and tells you to find him and you find his skeleton eaten by a bear which in turn gives you another quest to kill bears and find out why they have become aggressive. That is possible with some assets, I'm just missing the skeleton and the bears and some UI icons, the guard tower I can build myself theoretically.

Advertisement

I've played a bit of your game and to be completely honest, it's pretty cool. Very rough, but seems functionally sound. I don't have a high-end PC, but I managed to get it working smooth enough. I really like the "stepping over" one block high structures. I was pleasantly surprised when my cyborg character's LED lights remained bright even though the land was dark. It's almost overwhelming at first, but after a little bit, you get the hang of it. That tells me you've got a good foundation for the game.

Is it possible to open one of the existing character or furniture models in the editor? I'm not sure if those are packaged/protected and not available for editing or if I'm missing something.

Also, how would I go about building structures for your procedural generation process (like towers, homes, and such) for your game. Do I build it in the game itself and export it somehow from there for you to view?

Sorry if this is kind of off topic from your original post. Should I just message you or would you like these question/answers posted for all to see? I don't mind public discourse like this if it helps other potential artists to help you, is what I'm getting at. Your breakdown of the character model block size and texture restriction was incredibly helpful for an artist to decide if this project was a fit for them, for example. I'm thoroughly interested in helping, but like I said, I'm pretty busy these days.

12 minutes ago, Guy Fleegman said:

Is it possible to open one of the existing character or furniture models in the editor? I'm not sure if those are packaged/protected and not available for editing or if I'm missing something.

The included models are optimized and thus lacking information necessary to open them in the editor. I can upload the raw versions on Google Drive and send you a link.

14 minutes ago, Guy Fleegman said:

Also, how would I go about building structures for your procedural generation process (like towers, homes, and such) for your game. Do I build it in the game itself and export it somehow from there for you to view?

You can simply open the editor and click on File > New > Structure. Press [.] to toggle the mouse cursor. [Q] and [Shift + Q] for the matter manipulator mode (size), hold [Left Menu] to quickly switch to 1x1x1 block.

You can message me on Discord (Beosar#8149) for all the little details but we can talk about the general stuff here I would say.

I'll poke around a bit more and message you when I get a chance. Might not be today though. Thanks!

Interesting game, reminds me of Seed of Andromeda, which had quite good artists.

https://www.seedofandromeda.com/community/forums/meet-the-devs.19/

Especially Georg and Andreas, they make some amazing stuff.

15 minutes ago, tetryds said:

Interesting game, reminds me of Seed of Andromeda, which had quite good artists.

Thank you. But that isn't very helpful unless you know a way of contacting them... And even if, they probably won't be interested.

if you need a concept artist i can hook you up with someone that does work for me. but if you need something more i am less sure.

4 minutes ago, Ahrakeen said:

if you need a concept artist i can hook you up with someone that does work for me. but if you need something more i am less sure.

A concept artist would be great. Always good to have some concept art so artists have something to base their work on and I can show it to players.

Indeed indeed, she takes payment in crypto though. only way she can actually get paid given where she is. i have a topic where i am looking for sprite artist. am showing some of her work there. if you still want me to hook you up. then give me a discord link over pm and i will get you in touch with her

5 minutes ago, Ahrakeen said:

Indeed indeed, she takes payment in crypto though. only way she can actually get paid given where she is.

What the... Where is she? North Korea? Venezuela?

I can't pay in cryptocurrency, sorry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement