OpenGL compute shader problem

Started by
46 comments, last by taby 4 years, 7 months ago

I altered the paper to use your idea, JoeJ. Thanks again. The version 7 of the paper is attached as a PDF file here.

I might update the GitHub repository later.

bezier_escape.pdf

The soon-to-be permanent location of this version 7 of the paper will be found at http://vixra.org/abs/1812.0423 by tomorrow.

Advertisement
14 hours ago, taby said:

This is a bit different than what I experienced -- the journals required that I provide the names of possible reviewers. So, they were not blind at all. Do you have a journal to suggest?

That is odd, I have never experienced this. Normally potential reviewers should be clear from the "related work" section of your paper. That section should mostly consist of peer reviewed papers though, if not that will earn you a quick rejection. I can't really suggest any journals, as it is outside my domain of expertise.

8 hours ago, taby said:

P.S. the one un-named journal that sent my papers for review also required that the reviewer had credentials. So, none of the amateur fractal researchers counted. The one reviewer who did have credentials must have thought it was a blind review because he was not just critical, but a complete maniac on a rampage. LOL

Some reviewers can be a bit unfriendly, especially if it is anonymous/they believe it is anonymous. But I had a quick look at your manuscript and I am sorry to say that i am not surprised that it got rejected. Your abstract isn't really clear, you cite no related work, you assert things without proving them or citing a proof, you do not motivate why you are looking at the topic/why anyone should care about it, you do not really make it clear what your contributions are (and it's difficult to guess, as there is no related work section), and the core of the paper consists of a snippet of code and some images (with numbers of unclear origin in the captions).

Would a diagram like this be helpful? It shows how curvature is related to dimension.

path3717.png

Kind of reminds me of a light clock, but in reverse LOL.

P.S. I suppose 2D is not reachable, so the last line in the figure is like 1.99999D

I have added a diagram to the paper.

bezier_escape.pdf

A diagram can be helpful to better convey the concept, but you still need to properly define it.

In any case, I think we are diverging a bit from the original topic of this thread ;) Besides, I have to continue working on my dissertation :D 

Thanks for all of the help and insight. You guys are awesome. :)

Last post...

I took your advice and tried to make the paper more clear. I also ditched the source code section. Thanks again.

bezier_escape.pdf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement