Lotcheck compliance

Started by
3 comments, last by Cdore 4 years, 6 months ago

Hello everyone!

Soon we are going to submit our game to Nintendo Lotcheck and I think of whether we did everything as required. Could anybody share his knowledge about passing Lotchek? Maybe some interesting bugs that failed compliance testing, maybe some tips, or any other important information everybody should know about Lotcheck testing. So many requirements are ambiguous.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

It's been numerous years since my last Nintendo project. Doesn't Nintendo's developer support site have a forum where you can ask other Nintendo devs? Also most platform owners permit pre-submitting for certification check to reduce the danger of missing your ship date.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft should provide the requirement checklist documentation you need, and I believe it is all under NDA, so we can't discuss it publicly.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:09 AM, boeing777er said:

Hello everyone!

Soon we are going to submit our game to Nintendo Lotcheck and I think of whether we did everything as required. Could anybody share his knowledge about passing Lotchek? Maybe some interesting bugs that failed compliance testing, maybe some tips, or any other important information everybody should know about Lotcheck testing. So many requirements are ambiguous.

Thanks a lot!

I worked on previous Nintendo lotchecks, including the Wii. I'm assuming this either for the Switch or the 3DS. Which first I would like to say, good job in getting certified to make games for. Me and my team have not been able to get a single approval to make games for their current console. They're keeping more closed than a nun's legs these days in allowing people to develop like they use to.

Anyway, my experience with Lotcheck has been that they really drill you to make sure your game opens properly, there's no slowdowns, and that the game instantly gets to where it needs to be. Sometimes, they'll go and offer suggestions to improve gameplay during it, but it doesn't hold back Lotcheck. Critical bugs that just keep people from playing the game are really the most they get you for and make you redo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement