My project

Started by
6 comments, last by WGS_Stillwater 4 years, 5 months ago

Got a demo area setup to test blueprint functions in. Drag and drop inventory is up and running, item stats are functioning, working on building out the stat system (modifier coefficients) and currency system and then start the ability system. After that I have to build the templates for abilities and then the fun part of actually making the abilities.

Not asking for help, but realistically the amount of work it will take to put together something people actually want to play.. you need like minded individuals to speed up the process. Someone could be building a proper zone while the blueprint work is being ironed out and another doing sound. Nevermind the networking's plate of work. And then there's the lore / world design aspect. Sure a single person could make the entire game start to finish, however by the time you finish you might already be ousted by competition or the markets tastes just straight up change.

I have (several) projects in mind personally. A few of them are MMOs. Others are more open world story focused SP (and co-op).

All the assets in here are created by me. The rocks and turtle are photoscanned. When I get a proper turntable setup I'll be able to create 360 degree assets with zero artifacts.

backgroundpic.png

tooltip1.png

tooltip2.png

Advertisement

I am extremely interested in this project of yours.  I, of course, specialize in world-building, lore, quest creating and marketing. I think that a Co-Op game would be amazing, however creating an MMORPG wouldn't be the worst, especially in this current market, it's slow and dying. With a need for something that really appeals to the game and go market that is flooding the gaming community.

I am interested in hearing back from you about this in the future. Honestly, if you shoot me a discord link or add me Balens#8069 we can get that ball rolling. I have a specialty in cooperative creation, ghostwriting lent me that unique ability. Taking ideas, improving on them, and handing them back is a task that most people take for granted but is what could be described as the most important goal of anyone creating something. I can produce from 1000-8000 words per day depending on the task. 

^_^

2 hours ago, ProphetaMors said:

I am extremely interested in this project of yours.  I, of course, specialize in world-building, lore, quest creating and marketing. I think that a Co-Op game would be amazing, however creating an MMORPG wouldn't be the worst, especially in this current market, it's slow and dying. With a need for something that really appeals to the game and go market that is flooding the gaming community.

I am interested in hearing back from you about this in the future. Honestly, if you shoot me a discord link or add me Balens#8069 we can get that ball rolling. I have a specialty in cooperative creation, ghostwriting lent me that unique ability. Taking ideas, improving on them, and handing them back is a task that most people take for granted but is what could be described as the most important goal of anyone creating something. I can produce from 1000-8000 words per day depending on the task. 

I will definitely get in touch with ya. I'd love to build an MMO out of the gate, but short of a networking god appearing complete with empty server machines it's more likely the first iteration will be co-op or straight up SP and the second iteration will be on a larger scale.

Bouncing around a bit right now between blueprints and 3d asset generation and maybe some music if I get time (lol). Getting some more textures together tomorrow if a package gets here earlier enough. Otherwise I'll probably finish up figuring out the currency system. Sounds simple until you actually go to build one. Single float value chopped into 3 "separate" currencies.

rockpack1.png

UPDATE:

Currency system is up and running!

currencysystem.thumb.png.ce3216ee2cf1015ea80a499a4141e8aa.png

I'd be interested in hearing more about your project. I've create a couple of my own 2d games as a solo dev. At the moment i am mostly interested in design (game design, level design, world design etc).

I have studied 3D/2D arts as well as an additional skill

FL Studio has a new plugin called FLEX that is amazing on so many levels. Played around with it a bit and ended up with a good vendor music loop. Feel free to use it yourselves for your own projects.

Its awesome to see people interested, have a writer that's on board. If you want to join the party, please post/message some kind of example of what it is you can do with UE4 or assets created for UE4.

I myself enjoy blueprints, PBR texturing, photogrammtery, music, world design, and of course game design most importantly. What would be extremely helpful: 2D artist, level designer, blueprint scripting or C++, networking guru, 3D character artist / animations. You don't have to be pro, just passionate about what you do and genuinely want to play the end result.

vendormusic.wav

Originally I wanted the name Mythica, but somehow I think Disney would not be so pleased. These denote the 3 factions within the game the player may align with. The player can change factions as much as they like, however it is a long process to prevent rapid swapping. Need to work out a title screen song and a scene to put behind the text.

title_4_nobackground.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement