Seeking Information interview (Business and Management)

Started by
0 comments, last by Worthyop 4 years, 5 months ago

All, 

I am in the process of wrapping up my current career in a little less than two years. I am seeking employment in the business and management sector of the game industry, with more of a focus on development. I am looking for anyone within the industry that has time to answer just a few wave top questions. 

I have little to no knowledge of the industry, being that I am an outsider. I do have roughly 4 years of managerial experience to include team management and project management. 

Just a few questions that I would have are:

1. What sort of positions are there in game development with a focus on business and management?
  2. What is the day to day life like in your respective position? 
  3. What are some education focuses that might help with breaking into the industry with my employment goal? (I am a managerial studies major) 
  4. What is the overall culture of the industry? I understand that each individual company will have its own culture, looking for a broad perspective.
  5. What are some of the pitfalls the industry faces right now from a business perspective?

If anyone has the time to hold a conversation via email or phone I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. 

RS

-Travis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement