Looking for help with my first Game

Started by
4 comments, last by paul0 4 years, 2 months ago

Hi, we are a 7 people group of university students, and we are developing our first game. Its something like Farming Simulator, and we haven´t much idea about this world. We are just starting with the process, and we would aprecciate any help or advisory you can give to us.

Thanks.

Advertisement

James, ask specific questions and you'll get good answers. What kind of advice are you looking for exactly?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi. Sorry for my english. My advise:

1. Now is time of hybrids. Don`t make your game usual, be original (for example, farming simulator + tower defence or farming simulator + space adventures)
  2. Don`t try to make a big, epic game at the first time. For beginning start little project, but realyze your ideas in full cycle (idea-project-product)
  3. Organize your group and time (and other resourses) wisely, be like a professional at start (i am professional - not in a gemedev at other sphere, but practise principles is universal thing. Games is my hobby
  4. I can help with ideas for free - you can wtite for my e-mail

Farming simulator + space adventure

You are farmer-colonist at new world. You have to:

- search new agrocultures in the alien forest or any different biom (dangerous missions with monster fighting);

- grow new exotic plants and defend your farm from monsters (aliens);

- sell crops to untergalactic agrocorp and develop your farm etc.

Maybe you could use unity (a game like Swords and Souls Neverseen). I think it is a better way to start

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement