Aspiring Game Developer [PROGRAMMER + more?] looking for partnerships

Started by
7 comments, last by alemanni.game 3 years, 6 months ago

To save some readers their time: If you are not okay working with a Game Development (and Unity) beginner, this may not be the right partnership for you. However, I implore you to read on.

Contact details at the bottom.

What I am looking for in a partnership:

• Fun
  • Accountability and shared goals
  • To learn, build and create together
  • Drive
  • Honesty
  • Team work

Notice I did not mention skill. That can be taught/learned with the right motivation, drive and environment. Hobbyists are welcome, but please know there is a time and place for both memes and getting serious.

What I can do

• Editing (Pre and post production)
  • Project Management
  • Business Intelligence
  • Programming (Full-stack)
  • Marketing
  • 3D Modelling (Been a while, but I still have some SolidWorks/Blender/Cinema 4D ability in me)

A little more about me:

I am a 26 year old ex-senior Project Manager by trade and Mechanical Engineer by discipline, living in the United Kingdom. I quit my job at a digital agency in May to pursue my passion in game development. A week later I joined an intensive three-month software engineering boot-camp (excluding an additional month for pre-course study and preparation) and, just this past Friday, completed it with flying colours. To put it simply: I really, really want this.

Some of my repos can be located here: https://github.com/dwram

I would like to strike while the iron's hot, maintain my momentum and dive into the depths of my passion in game development. With the skills acquired to learn and translate concepts across various languages and frameworks, coupled with my industry experience, I can assuredly provide value to any partnership.

I have already seen success in the gaming industry, with projects including https://www.medtal.tv/, https://www.madworldmmo.com/ and those in collaboration with Fnatic. This has given me significant experience in building business, community and infrastructure. However, I am yet to have the pleasure of building the technology with my own hands.

I have just started my deep dive into Unity straight after graduating from the course. However, the drive is certainly there and I would love to connect with driven and talented individuals.
A key takeaway is that I would like those requesting partnership be okay with uncertainty and not the entire picture immediately. At least at the initial stages. This is all about collaboratively learning and building, ultimately :) I am in this for the long-haul.

I intend to make a Multiplayer Online Game as an end-game goal, preferably in the realm of Fantasy. As for right now, I am learning Unity with a generalist approach and intend to be able to work with both 2d/3d environments.

If this has piqued your interest, I would love for you to reach out. I really look forward to hearing from you and hopefully we can have a quick chat.

Discord: Wrath#1337

As an aside, I am happy to simply connect and stay in touch!

Advertisement

Hi there!

I am quite interested in joining your journey into the gaming industry.
Currently, I have no experience in game development. But would definitely like to get my feet wet!

I’m not sure if I’d be considered a valuable partner at your stage. As I cannot code or create art assets. My forte is creating Game concepts, Stories, Mechanics, Puzzles, Dialogue, Characters, etc.

In a gamers standing point I find myself always critiquing how a game was made. And always finding solutions of what would have made the game 10x better.

It you are interested I am open to write some sample game concepts, ideas, stories….etc

That way you can see what I am made of ?

Until then,

~Ryan

Sorry to be that shallow person, but a 26yr old senior project manager?
With those commits across so many repos? You have a bright future ahead of you, I'm sure.
Of course I don't know if you're any fun to work with - but those achievements speak for themselves!

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Not a problem! I figured I might as well ask. ?

I hope you find some partners!
Best wishes,

~Ryan

BlueFlute said:

Not a problem! I figured I might as well ask. ?

I hope you find some partners!
Best wishes,

~Ryan

You'll be fine too - but my comment was addressed to OP. :-)

Thank you for your positive responses ?

BlueFlute said:

Hi there!

I am quite interested in joining your journey into the gaming industry.
Currently, I have no experience in game development. But would definitely like to get my feet wet!

I’m not sure if I’d be considered a valuable partner at your stage. As I cannot code or create art assets. My forte is creating Game concepts, Stories, Mechanics, Puzzles, Dialogue, Characters, etc.

In a gamers standing point I find myself always critiquing how a game was made. And always finding solutions of what would have made the game 10x better.

It you are interested I am open to write some sample game concepts, ideas, stories….etc

That way you can see what I am made of ?

Until then,

~Ryan

Are you interested in Game Design?

Hi @dwram!

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I‘m quite interested in game design!

Also, @supervga my bad! For whatever reason I had thought you were the author! ?

I sent you a friend request in Discord (name's ‘xetra11’)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement