Running or not ?

Started by
7 comments, last by GreenGames 3 years, 3 months ago

Hey,

At the moment I'm not sure whether Enou should be able to sprint or move faster from the start or only later in the course of the game through potions and skills? From the beginning ? or Later?

Advertisement

Does the world get bigger and more spread out later on? Are there time-limited activities involving items or characters or locations distant from one another?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

What's the movement speed, with and without sprinting? If the base speed is uncomfortably slow, then sprinting should always be available, and maybe even the default. If the base speed is already comfortable and the sprinting speed is so fast that it's difficult to control, then it makes more sense to introduce sprinting later in the game.

Further, are there game mechanics tied to sprinting? Maybe damage done increases while sprinting, hitting creatures while sprinting has knockback, or crashing into things while sprinting can break stuff? Are there costs associated with sprinting, such as a wind-up animation, stamina, or shoes wearing out?

If sprinting is entirely cosmetic, adjusting only travel speed, I agree that it should be available from the start. If there are gameplay elements it could be unlocked as part of the game progression if it fits your narrative.

@Tom Sloper Hey, today i´ll post more of the Game and the Gameplay it selfe.

There are time limeted riddles and activities. I think i´ll leave sprinting in the Game and add some animation thanks to @frob .
@a light breeze the speed right now ist 2.5 i´ll change it to 3,45 this fits perfectly with my Animations.

So , many thanks to all of you for the comments. In Germany it is now 12:25, so i´ll go and make my selfe a coffee and then change the sprinting and the code in my gameManager today. In the evening i´ll share more Visuals about the Game.

enjoy the day and Play to win,

Green Games

GreenGames said:
not sure whether Enou should be able to sprint or move faster from the start or only later in the course of the game

this sounds like an indication that the game doesn't have a storyline?

with a story, you'd know if Enou has to walk in certain parts of the game, run, jump, fight or else:

for example, “…As Enou walks through Savanhou, he gets to Wildernou; once there, he has 4 seconds left before the gates of Mordu shut.” You see with a simple description like this one, Enou can walk from the start and then later on he has to be able to run ?

so if u haven't got a story for your game, maybe think of writing one…but if u already do have one, then u need to review what each action means for your game and yes when to use it (again, walk, run, jump etc…)

have fun ?

GreenGames said:
@Tom Sloper Hey, today i´ll post more of the Game and the Gameplay it selfe.

I do not require information. I asked questions solely to help you see the kind of thinking you could utilize in order to make your decision. Thanks anyway. I mean, danke.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@ddlox good hints thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement