Calling all professional "gameplay programmers"

Started by
0 comments, last by WinstonDevs 2 years, 9 months ago

Hi, I'm currently a student doing some research on the specific position of gameplay programming. I'm interested in what you guys actually really do at your company, I know every studio has different expectations and responsibilities and I wanted to see how different it may be from one person to another in the field. I am currently under the impression that this is a good entry-level position and that people oftentimes start off as something else like a level designer and find their way into programming. Most jobs listing list requirements like C++ knowledge and strong math skills but this doesn't really tell me anything really about the job.

If you could share a little about yourself it would be greatly appreciated ? Stuff like how long have you been in the role? What do you do daily? How many games have you shipped? Ever had crunch time, how was that experience? Do you work on 2d or 3d games? What has been your biggest challenge? Do you work more on writing tools and engines or actual games? How large is your company? What is one of your proudest moments/accomplishments so far? Was there something you wish you knew before you started? Do you see yourself in the same role in the next 5 years or are you going for a specialization or higher position? or anything else you would like to recommend to the group of people entering the industry.

Give me the goods and bads ?

Thanks!

-Winston

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement