Real Time Object Impact Tracking + Game Engine

Started by
1 comment, last by _WeirdCat_ 2 years, 8 months ago

Hi all,

I had someone approach me recently about creating an interactive “target gallery wall” here is the gist of the project:

• Have a projector display digital, possibly moving targets on a wall.
  • Track objects with a camera, infrared camera, or other means in real time to get an x and y coordinate on the wall of where the thrown object impacted.
  • Have the digital targets shatter when the thrown object collides with where they are shown on the wall.

The newest part of this puzzle for me is the projector / real time object tracking. I am familiar with a couple of game engines (godot, unity, some unreal)

Does anybody have any ideas on how this might be accomplished?

Advertisement

There are camera systems that have ai implemented for tracking objects, you need place cameras properly, same if you would involve non ai solution: you still have to place cameras at different angles and positions and object needs to exceptionally glow with some say infrared light. Anyway you'll have to define at what distance projector is from the wall + if there are any obstacles (wall ain't flat) then you need to place objects properly, could be done with a lidar scanner and servos/steppers, same for cameras you define positions/fov h and v/ angles etc.

I am currently wiring accelerometer on such throwable object to see if i could mark position with it so i can't actually vouch for this solution.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement