Anyone else suffering from depression because of game development?

Started by
23 comments, last by daniel51 2 years, 1 month ago

My story is a bit similar, you can read it here - https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/711027-story-of-a-game-engine-creator-cold-hearted-epic-games-megagrants-unreal-marketplace-deletes-reviews/

Also you can check this out - https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/9/20903139/indie-game-developers-creators-money-funding

You have to remember, you're not alone, other people are struggling too.

Francois_Software said:
Just don't take life too seriously. Develop the game because you enjoy it.

I completely agree.

Also don't put everything on one card, have other things in life to give happiness. If one thing doesn't work, still have something else to take your mind off.

Take a break, recharge.

Advertisement

Guys , I don't really get you , no one really owe you anything, you feel rejected, the other feels drepessed, I think you are not functional to this society, people do not really care about you unless they consider you someone who is capabale to add value to their assets, life is competition, and the weaker get eaten by the strongest, live with that.

Programmer71 said:
Guys , I don't really get you , no one really owe you anything, you feel rejected, the other feels drepessed, I think you are not functional to this society, people do not really care about you unless they consider you someone who is capabale to add value to their assets, life is competition, and the weaker get eaten by the strongest, live with that.

Dam dude, your being to harsh , the OP is expressing his vulnerability to people he thought would understand, but your saying "suck it up".

If you have that attitude, don't expect anyone to help you when you feel down.

Your caught in the old way of looking at things. Society and people have evolved since then.

If the world and people really operated in pure competition mode, there would be no incentive to help anyone, and sites like this would not exist.

If I'd have the motivation, I'd sit down with you and gig deeper as to why you feel that way. What experiences in your life lead you to be so callus.

You sound borderline apathetic and disdainful to this issue, which is dangerous, and potentially sociopathic

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

Programmer71 said:
I think you are not functional to this society, people do not really care about you unless they consider you someone who is capabale to add value to their assets, life is competition, and the weaker get eaten by the strongest, live with that.

Are you talking about human society or about monkey society? A comment like that can make a person feel misunderstood or alienated. Life is what we make it to be, and what we choose it to be. Yes the world can be a hard place, but can also be a friendly and helpful place. All depends on our attitude, and attitude of people we meet along the way. Treat others the same way you'd like to be treated. We're all the same people but from a different life.

I am seeing your situation according to my personal experience, people do not like to be around a depressed or misunderstood person, they might listen to for few minutes, but that's all, we need to carry on, pay the mortage, and bascially survive, nobody will consider helping you unless they feel that the help given contributes to their success.

Programmer71 said:
nobody will consider helping you unless they feel that the help given contributes to their success.

That's not how I've lived my life, and I've found some other kind people in the world too. There are good people in this world, not everyone is like what you say. If you've experienced so many people like that in your life, perhaps your environment is not good. I've travelled around the world a bit, lived in many places, I've seen there's a big difference in people's approach/attitude in many places in the world. If you're unhappy or see cold people in the position you are, you could consider changing your position. Either where you live or where you work - your job.

Programmer71 said:

I am seeing your situation according to my personal experience

Good.

Programmer71 said:

people do not like to be around a depressed or misunderstood person, they might listen to for few minutes, but that's all, we need to carry on, pay the mortage, and bascially survive, nobody will consider helping you unless they feel that the help given contributes to their success.

Ok, my personal experience is different. Some people are very invested in friendships, family etc. You might not now anyone willing to help out, and that's the real tragedy in this thread, IMO.

Programmer71 said:

I think you are not functional to this society, people do not really care about you unless they consider you someone who is capabale to add value to their assets, life is competition, and the weaker get eaten by the strongest, live with that.

Getting depressed now and then is part of being human. If you think functioning in a society is prevented by this, you really need to broaden your horizon. The only thing dysfunctional here is the perspective you're describing.

You all need to get outdoors a bit. Sunlight would cure this problem.

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

console yourself with the knowledge that you have already gotten farther than 99% of game projects people start ever do. Keep at it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement