Softwares for fast prototyping

Started by
4 comments, last by ouraf 2 years, 4 months ago

What softwares do you use, or know to be used, for fast 2D prototyping? What do you find limiting about them and why are them better than others?

By 'softwares' I also mean web apps and libraries.

Advertisement

if you're on a strict webapp diet, https://microstudio.dev​ it's pure 2d, lua focused and has all the instructions on browser.

If you can pay for the subscription, construct3 is unmatched on the browser for easy and fast 2d development

beginner hobbyist 3d modeler, learning the rest at a snail's pace.
if you want a simple prop and are not in a hurry, message me and i'll see what i can do

Why do you think they're good options? What features stand out, in your opinion?

@gusfoca basically the reasons in the post: easy to use, fast to make a game prototype. Construct3 has thousands of premade “logic blocks” that can replace dozens of lines of code and has a bit of everything for 2d game making: physics, tilemap support (can be improved with javascript plugins), helpers for both top down and isometric tile placing, UI layer tools that are easy to place and fast to hook with logic to see how the buttons and bars react to the game content, etc.

Microstudio is MUCH simpler in terms of features, but it uses lua to direct its logic, so whatever it has there you can reach fast and with very little boilerplate code

@Helen Garcia @Sushmita Roy That's just for GUI/UX Experience. what do you use to prototype the game mechanics?

beginner hobbyist 3d modeler, learning the rest at a snail's pace.
if you want a simple prop and are not in a hurry, message me and i'll see what i can do

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement