New to the forum, questions about development: inspiring Gameplay Programmer

Started by
0 comments, last by Dominick_N 2 years, 1 month ago

Hello,

My name is Dominick Naquin and I am a student studying Game Programming and Development. This is my first time interacting with a community, but I am excited to talk and learn from you all. Even though my journey in my studies has been short, I do have questions regarding the role of a Gameplay Programmer. I believe that a lot of these questions have already been answered, but I wanted to start a forum as a milestone for me in this community and to interact with anyone that decides to answer. I will place the questions in a list so anyone that comes across this can find some help in these questions.

1. What are the best tools for a Gameplay Programmer to use currently?
  2. What are some of the major hurdles when stepping foot within the industry?
  3. What is the best mindset with starting in the industry?
  4. How can a gameplayer programmer develop throughout their career? Are there any stories one might be willing to share?
  5. Is it worth being completely specialized in the industry today?
  6. How long does a prototype typically last in your experience?
  7. Have there ever been major changes in a prototype? If so, how did affect the development process?
  8. What is a good way to approach any prototype development process? What are things to avoid in your experience?

These are some of the question that I had time to think about during my studies but never had the chance to talk with someone about. If there are any other questions that I should be asking, please don't hesitate to state them. I am looking forward to developing with this community and learning with you all!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement