math track

Started by
21 comments, last by pbivens67 1 year, 4 months ago

Well, I have decided to make a child's game. I am going to have the child complete an algebra problem, and then have the child's car move around a racetrack and then have the computer move randomly around a racetrack. Let me know what you think and what improvements I have to make.

Advertisement

pbivens67 said:
Let me know what you think and what improvements I have to make.

I don't like the inclusion of randomness in a math game. The kid should win from doing math, not from random luck of the computer car.

So i would do it like this:
We see a Tesla in 3D perspective, driving. At the distance we see kids running on the street to pick up a ball. And a granny in a wheelchair, intending to cross the street. And some dogs.

The player has to do the math of the awesome AI chip of the self driving car. But if he can not solve the problem fast enough - splatsh! Hitting the first kid. Guts splatter across the screen, and some eyeballs, like in Rise Of The Triad.
Missing to solve the second problem in time? Slurp! Hitting the other kid, tinting the screen in red drops of blood, which then drain down nicely. Ball is bumping.
Missing the third problem too? Crash right in to the wheelchair, parts of granny fly into all directions, and one wheel keeps rolling side by side to the car for some seconds. Only grannies clapping denture managed to cross the street successfully.
Failing on the fourth as well? Poor dogs… they were so cute. Now you can't even tell which leg belonged to which one.

This, and only this is like a proper video game has to look like!

If you don't like it, try to come up with your own ideas…

I am not designing such a violent game. This is a game for kids and educational.

But good kids deserve to play funny violent video games as a reward for hard work on learning math!

That's what i think at least. But maybe i did play too much Scorn recently. Now i see guts and dicks everywhere, and life feels worthless. I'm fine with that. There should be more games like this.

If you won't make them, then i will… >:D

The very first line of my response was meant seriously, btw.

I am not in favor of designing violent games, that's just me.

Good boy.

The logical conclusion then is: You know what you don't want to create, so you also know what you want to create.
Thus there never should be a reason to ask others what features you should add to your game.
Although it's always some fun if you do so ; )

I am going to use text based c++ what should I use for the graphics? I am also thinking about using c# because I can use windows forms.

For small games, raylib seems very nice. It's no engine, but it has all the basic stuff like sprites, fonts, audio, 3D, a math lib…

Take a look at the demos, which also show the code: https://www.raylib.com/examples.html

You save a lot of work on boring basics, and you can also learn from a good implementation of those things.

well, I have decided to use C# with windows forms

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement