math track

Started by
21 comments, last by pbivens67 1 year, 4 months ago

well, I have made progress on my math game.

here is a screen shot

https://imgur.com/a/FWbRuUM

Advertisement

Nice. : )

But looking at the code in the background it seems you have hardcoded determining correct results for each question.
This works, but it's a computer program, doing math. So you could actually calculate if the given answer is wrong or right.
This way it would be more of a programming challenge for yourself. I mean, displaying GUI forms or OpenGL triangles is not really how computer games work.

pbivens67 said:

Well, I have decided to make a child's game. I am going to have the child complete an algebra problem, and then have the child's car move around a racetrack and then have the computer move randomly around a racetrack. Let me know what you think and what improvements I have to make.

So I assume that this is going to be a race game, player against computer. Where the player's car moves based upon the player's progress with the algebra problem. And where the computer's car makes a random amount of progress each turn. With the idea being for the player to complete the math problem in a set amount of time or turns (and thus reach the finish line), before the computer's car gets to the finish line.

Warp9 said:
So I assume

Your assumption was based on the 2-month-old starter post in this thread, without bothering to read the latest entries first.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

Warp9 said:
So I assume

Your assumption was based on the 2-month-old starter post in this thread, without bothering to read the latest entries first.

Sorry, I should have looked more carefully. I didn't even see that there was a second page of commentary.

Warp9 said:
I didn't even see that there was a second page of commentary.

Yeah, that's easy to miss.

well, I am almost done with my game I am unsure of how to present the algebra equation and its answers. I am using a label to present my equation and radio buttons for the answers. I am using WinForms and c# to implement my game. let me know if you need more information about my game.

pbivens67 said:
let me know if you need more information

What we need is a question.

pbivens67 said:
I am unsure of how to present the algebra equation and its answers. I am using a label to present my equation and radio buttons for the answers.

That sounds like you already have a plan to present the question and answers.

well, I can present the first equation randomly, but I don't know how to present the answers using radio buttons yet.

Thank you for expressing the question. I can't answer it, but now that the question is clear, maybe someone else can point you to a solution.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement