Comment spam on blog posts

Started by
2 comments, last by benryves 6 months ago

Based on this comment https://gamedev.net/forums/topic/714016-spam-problem/5455644/​ “The reporting system doesn't pass along reports on blogs, portfolios, projects, or tutorials” which I guess may be why the couple of spam reports I've submitted haven't been looked at.

In any case, both comments came from user dambhers on a couple of very old blog posts:

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement

Those comment spams and the spammer have been removed.

Recent Blogs are checked frequently for spam comments, but it's extremely time-consuming to check blogs back as far as 17 months, much less 17 years. We appreciate reports of spam anywhere on the site so it can be dealt with.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thank you very much! I was definitely surprised to get comments on such ancient posts, then less surprised when I saw the content, which is why I reported them via the reporting system, it was only checking elsewhere on the site that I saw that those reports apparently don't go anywhere… In any case, thanks again for the quick response. 🙂

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement