Idea for a platform game

Started by
0 comments, last by celio 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Hello,

This is just an idea of ​​a game, if you want to use it feel free, I would like to test the game but I don't have time right now to create cause I get a new job and I need to focus on.

First of all I used Chat GPT-4 to sumarize the idea and English is not my main language:

Genre and Style: A digital action platform game with pixel art style graphics.

Setting: A futuristic post-apocalyptic world, with ruined cities and nature reclaiming its space. This setting includes remnants of advanced technology amid the destruction.

Main Character: A human with bionic parts, including a bionic arm reminiscent of "Bionic Commando," used for climbing and interacting with the environment. Players have the option to use other bionic parts, like enhanced legs, which alter gameplay.

AI Companion: The protagonist has an AI companion, initially introduced as a friend but later revealed to have its own secret objectives. This AI interacts with the protagonist through a device similar to a cellphone or something holographic.

Revelation and Central Conflict: Near the end of the game, it's revealed that the AI aims to integrate the protagonist with machines, leading to a conflict and difficult choices for the player.

Technologies for Development: For the initial draft, we suggest using the Godot or Unity game engines, pixel art creation software like Aseprite or Piskel, and learning programming with GDScript for Godot or C# for Unity.

Accessibility: We discussed including subtitles to make the game more accessible, possibly using the Amara.org community.

I think the best genre to the game is MetroidVania but this can make build the project harder, a addition to narrative if the character become 51% machine he will not have choice at the end of the game.

There's more things that need to be improved and discuss:

Narrative and Dialogues, Level Design, Progression System, Soundtrack and Sound Effects, Visual Aesthetics and Art Style, Unique Gameplay Mechanics, Testing and Feedback, Marketing and Promotion, Support and Post-Launch Updates.

Inspirations:

Bionic Commando

Deus Ex Series

Mega Man

Lies of P

CyberPunk 2077

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

The ojective of the game is reflect about the Future, Transhumanism, Robots and AIs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement