Top Down depth effect in construct 3?

Started by
5 comments, last by nahIdWin 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hello

I've just started using Construct 3 for a school game project. It's a minimalist ATARI-2600 styled war game with a Top Down perspective. It includes trench lines that you can go inside and outside of. I'm tryna make it so that when the player / NPCs reach the hole, it falls into the trench floor to give an illusion of depth in a 2D environment. I also want it so the ladders make them be able to climb out of the holes.

Advertisement

nahIdWin said:
Top Down depth effect in construct 3?

I've just started using Construct 3 for a school game project.

I also want it so the ladders make them be able to climb out of the holes.

Your subject line seems to indicate a question of some sort, but your post contains no question. Is this project for a class assignment? Because we don't help with homework assignments here.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Alright Mr. Sloper
I just forgot to write the question. Use your common sense : I was asking how it would be possible to make what I described work in construct 3 :

nahIdWin said:
I've just started using Construct 3 for a school game project. It's a minimalist ATARI-2600 styled war game with a Top Down perspective. It includes trench lines that you can go inside and outside of. I'm tryna make it so that when the player / NPCs reach the hole, it falls into the trench floor to give an illusion of depth in a 2D environment. I also want it so the ladders make them be able to climb out of the holes.

Summary : I'm looking for a way to have characters being able to fall into a deep hole and climb out of it using ladders with a top down perspective.

Quoting your not a question does still not turn it into a question. ; )

That's no nitpicking. Personally i have no idea what you try to do exactly, and what's your problem with getting there.
I'm rather confused to see a side scroller screenshot from a top down game and can't think past that point, no matter how much common sense i have.

(Just for feedback - i don't know the engine anyway.)

Add me onto the “I don't see a question” bandwagon.

I can see you wrote you want to make depth and ladders. Great. Go for it. Are you looking for reading material on how to create the effects? Both the illusion of depth through shading and the illusion of ladders through paths are quite well documented and easily found through a search.

thanks for pointing out the obvious frob

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement