Pascal language in AS

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 1 month ago

Hello!

I want to try to implement in Angelscript possibility to create scripts with Pascal language.
Is it possible, and if yes - what exact steps i need to perform?

Let the power of C++ be with you.

Advertisement

I'm a little confused by what you want to do - do you want to generate Pascal code from Angelscript? If so, that is definitely doable.

I was thinking you wanted to change the syntax of the script language to be like Pascal. If that is the case you'll have to rewrite the parser and a good part of the compiler as well. The tokenizer can probably be reused as is, but with the updated tokendefs.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

WitchLord said:

I was thinking you wanted to change the syntax of the script language to be like Pascal. If that is the case you'll have to rewrite the parser and a good part of the compiler as well. The tokenizer can probably be reused as is, but with the updated tokendefs.

That's what i meant. What part of work with compiler I have to do? More of that, I want to keep current syntax and add new one.

Let the power of C++ be with you.

I don't know the Pascal language so I can't say what exactly needs to be changed.

Making a compiler for any language is a lot of work, but if you choose a small subset and start from there, it is doable.

If you can show me the first subset you want to support I might be able to guide you with some more details.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement