stupidest titles of games

Started by
69 comments, last by grine 22 years, 2 months ago
What professionally made games do you think have the worst titles? The worst titles I''ve ever heard: Hello Kitty''s Cube Frenzy Hyper Bishi Bashi Special Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & so on (it''s not ever the final one) what do you think? If you invent a time machine and travel back and forward through time, what would happen if you travelled to the time when the Universe doesn''''t exist anymore?
If you invent a time machine and travel back and forward through time, what would happen if you travelled to the time when the Universe doesn''t exist anymore?
Advertisement
Since time is an internal Dimension of the Universe, you would most probably simply be stopped just before you got there.

George D. Filiotis
Are you in support of the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide? You should be!
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
Not quite fair to nominate the hardcore Japanese games (although Final Fantasy is fair game). If you''re going to do that, though, don''t overlook "Tokyo Bus Guide Featuring a Beautiful Bus Conductor".

Not quite a game name in its own right but "Solid Snake" has always seemed like a very odd name, sounds slightly perverted when you first hear it though we''re so used to it by now it doesn''t seem so bad.

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is pretty silly. Not to mention the fact that it sucks.

I don''t know about game titles, but the names of villains in certain games are beyond forgiveness. For example, the final boss in Devil May Cry is called Mundus, probably the most unimpressive villain name in the history of our planet.

George D. Filiotis
Are you in support of the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide? You should be!
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
quote:Original post by Symphonic
Since time is an internal Dimension of the Universe, you would most probably simply be stopped just before you got there.

By the Time Police?

Just Plain Wrong
CoV
Some of the older games have fantastically stupid names. In fact, some of the older games are fantastically stupid.

Advanced Lawnmower Simulator 2000 anyone?
Perils of the Pernicious Purple Pod People from Planet Pluto.

Okay, it''s not a real game, but I hope for it to be someday

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

Someone from the LH forum made a game called "Middle-Aged Mutant Useless Frogs" (presumably a parody of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Edited by - Sandman on January 11, 2002 11:53:48 AM
How about these for a couple of odd games (but very playable thanks to Jeff Minter, anyone old enough to remember him?)

Sheep in space (A flying sheep, who you have to land so it can eat grass to get more health), Mutant Camels (and also the classic "Revenge of the Mutant Camels), Lammatron etc...

Food for thought…
Games do not affect children! I mean if Pac Man affected us we would be running round in darkened rooms, eating magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!
If you truly believe that "Final Fantasy" is one of the "stupidest" (if that was a word... which it isn''t) titles, you''re sadly mistaken.

Biker Mice from Mars was pretty wretched, though.
" When you know what is; you''ll know what isn''t. "~Miyamoto Musashi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement