GAmes?

Started by
7 comments, last by XzAzX 22 years, 3 months ago
I just got the basics of C++ down, and now I wan''t to make an game like tetris. How Can I make this? does anyone here have an source for it? thnxz already. |Visit My Forum |
Advertisement
ofcourse, I know, I better think it off myself, but a little help would be usefull
thnxz :D

Visit My Forum
With the information already provided on this website (and others) by people who have put the effort in to provide it....you should be able to write a tetris clone standing on your head!....

alright maybe a little over the top...but c''mon...if you don''t have a good go yourself first and work out what you need to learn...how will you ever learn that well?
true..Ectually I only need an example script to get trough the basics of making games..
I'm sorry for this I'm an very newbie at C++ and making games so..

Edited by - XzAzX on January 24, 2002 7:12:51 AM
Right here on GameDev you can find a tutorial on game programming. They go through the whole process of making a Tetris clone. It''s like a real class too, they don''t give you the answer right away, they try to encourage you to think of the answer yourself.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
wow, so many people come here and ask about tetris clones... im suprized how many of them there are :o
War is how Americans learn geography.
How many Tetris clones there are, or how many people claim they want to make them?
Anyway, to make a game, it is a matter of differentiating what is seen by the player on the screen, and what your code has to calculate to get there.
Imagine Super Mario Bros.
On the screen, you see a guy running and jumping.
In the game, it is more like this:
CheckButton();
TestCollision();
loop

And in each function there is more underneath, such as testing to see if Mario is jumping, going up or going down, and whether or not he is hitting a brick that can break or a solid part of the wall, checking if he is landing on an enemy, whether that enemy can be squished or hurts Mario instead, etc.

There is a lot going on in Tetris that is similar, but the end result is a game that the player sees on the screen. It might seem hard at first, but Tetris is probably the basic game. Pacman and Mario just add extensions to it, such as AI and enemies and such.
Good luck!

-------------------------
(Gorgeous graphics)+(beautiful sound effects)+(symphonic music)+(no gameplay) != Good game
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
Hi if you want to make games then you need something to help you out with the gfx,sound etc So my tip is SDL (www.libsdl.org). SDL is really nice and easy to use. it is a cross-platform multimedia library.

// Lubic
thx for the help all!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement