Bad idea for a game

Started by
84 comments, last by black_mage_s 22 years, 1 month ago
Sloth. The game revolves around you, the sloth, and your attempt to climb a tree which will be the end of the game. Skills can be aqcuired as you climb up the tree like increased speed, increased odor (to keep obstacle animals away), and you may have to fight other animals. By the way, it''s a redwood tree.
lol
Advertisement
How about ''Big Rig Driver'' You are a truck driver for a major
shipping company. The game is a simulation to the fullest degree
you have to make your route on time, and that sometimes means
staying up all night. (Did I mention the game is played in
realtime?) On the final mission you have to drive from Juno,
Alaska to Buenos Aires, Argentina nonstop.

-=Lohrno
quote:Original post by Lohrno
How about ''Big Rig Driver'' You are a truck driver for a major
shipping company
-=Lohrno

there is a game like that i think its called protrucker or something like that it sounded almost as borring as microsoft train simulator. Its scarry that a lot of these bad ideas have already been made.
Hey, how about sim nerd. Where you start off as a cool and tough football player in high school. You are so fascinated by nerds and their brain power that you are on a quest to become a nerd. The point is to become as dorky as possible. Get the highest grades, Make all the girls from dreaming about you to hating you, make your friends from thinking you are cool to wanna kick your rear end everyday. And finally AAAHHHHHH!!!!, make the nerds think you are smart and worship you.
Toilet Adventure - You play a toilet stuck in a bathroom stall. Goal - Reminding people to flush... Watch, as the peril increases when the 400lb fat lady cracks you! or when a little kid who cant aim gives you a shower! watch out! looks like that guy who choked you last week is coming in again! mabey the custodian will remember to clean you this week!
"I never let schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
I''ve got an idea for the worst kind of sim game:

It''s called "The Sims" and you build houses and make families and waste hours of your life playing a game where you pretend you have a life because in reality you dont and...

Wait, that''s already been done.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:

Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

OpenGL:

Main Site - (www.opengl.org)
NeHe Tutorials - (nehe.gamedev.net)
Online Books - (Red Book) (Blue Book)
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
How about this:

The game is called Apple Crusader.You play as a Mac user who tries to convince PC users to switch to the Mac.Extra points if you convert them to Linux.
Someone posted this idea already but I always loved the bargain
bin in Space Quest 4, "Sim sim! The simulator simulator. In this
game you can create a simulated environment, in which you can
create any simulated environment you want." The box looked like
it was a camera pointed at a computer screen.

Ahhh the good old days hehe
That isnt to say the new days aren''t as cool! =D

-=Lohrno
quote:Original post by Drizzt DoUrden
I''ve got an idea for the worst kind of sim game:

It''s called "The Sims" and you build houses and make families and waste hours of your life playing a game where you pretend you have a life because in reality you dont and...

Ah Grasshopper, but do you understand that which makes this creation so popular? No walking on the rice paper for you!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Sim Ant.

The game where you walk around carrying food back to your nest, and trying kill other ants (by appearing to wrestle with them). You have to spread your coleny all over the yard, a process you have to spend many days of gameplay acheving.

But wait theirs more, you get attacked by spiders. AS WELL AS lawn mowers and bug spray, which can only be seen if you inconveiently go out to a bigger, more useless view.

AND it has to be badly implemented and overly realistic to boot.

Oh, yes... maxis made this one ALSO, and I paied $30 (on sale) for it!

I was quite shocked.

It seems maxis''s only good game was SimCity, the other titles are quite poor.

Roller Coster tycoon was _realy_ cool

Also notice that these ones are similar to a decent RTS

Resist nes8bit :: Bow Down to Linux ComunisumANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Refrence | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement