AngelScript 1.8.0c (2004/07/19)

Started by
30 comments, last by Dentoid 19 years, 9 months ago
I've finally decided to release version 1.8.0. Lot's of things have been done for this version. Let's see if I can give a summary of them here: There is no longer a built in bstr type. Instead the application needs to register its own type. This change was made to add flexibility in how strings are passed between script and application and vice versa. For those who have come acustomed to the bstr type I've made a small library for registering that type with complete compatibility. It is now possible to overload compound assignment operators as well. Scripts can now be compiled into separate modules, each with their own namespace. This is especially useful if you have two scripts with the same interface but different implementations, e.g. AI routines for different types of entities. The STDCALL calling convention is now supported as well, which means that Win32 API functions can be registered directly with the library. It is now possible to enumerate and access global variables declared in the scripts. This could for example be used for saving script states. The interface for registering functions and methods have changed slightly in preparation of improvements coming in version 1.8.1. Other changes you'll find in the change log as usual. I'll spend the following days updating the articles to conform to the new version. PS. I decided to postpone the switch-case implementation for the next version. [Edited by - WitchLord on July 19, 2004 8:30:40 PM]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Great job WitchLord!!!!!!!!!!!

can acces to global vars, i love you :-D.

when a struct or class implementaion :-?

Thanks for all!!!

Gunder.
Still running on 1.7.1a will update ASAP. need to put out some time on this.

Is there any way in which i can get VS.NET to decide to enable syntax highlighting on AS script files? will help a lot!!!
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
Quote:Original post by EddHead
Is there any way in which i can get VS.NET to decide to enable syntax highlighting on AS script files? will help a lot!!!

There was a thread on syntax highlighting in VS .NET a while ago. Though if you decide to use the registry hack and you're using 7.0, you'd use the 7.0 key instead of the 7.1 key.
Thanks a lot, but i found something on the net already. kinda helpful too since AS code is very much C++-ish!
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
Gunder:

Thanks, I'm happy you liked the new features. I don't know when support for structs or classes will be added. I haven't planned that far ahead. It will most likely be at least 3 or 4 months before I add that support.

EddHead:

You will that most of the work will be with the way you register functions and objects with AS. It's shouldn't be too hard to upgrade to 1.8.0. Hopefully you will also find the new features useful, though perhaps you've already come too far in your project to really take advantage of them.

Could you post a link to what you found about syntax highlighting in VS.NET? Either here or in the thread that SiCrane mentioned would be ok. Thanks.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Hi

I get an access violation error in my String assignment behaviour, this is very strange because it worked with WIP5.
Any suggestions what might have changed?

sorry,
I just realized that it didn't work with WIP5 so, the question is not what has changed, but what do I have to change :))

I do the following for assign behaviour:

#define asFUNCTION4(c,r,f,p) asFunctionPtr((asFUNCTION_t)( (r(*)p)c::f) )r = engine->RegisterTypeBehaviour("String", asBEHAVE_ASSIGNMENT, "String& f(const String&)", asFUNCTION4(StringBinding,String&,StringCopy,(const String&,String&)), asCALL_CDECL_OBJLAST); assert( r >= 0 );String& StringBinding::StringCopy(const String& src, String& dst){  dst=src; // Error occures here when memcpy is called  return dst;}

String is an extension of std::string.
src is assigned a value but dst points to some weard place.

The funny thing is that the add assign operation works. The following script code does not bail out.

String s;s+="Hello World";

Any hints?
Tom
I have this code
String s="hello";

How many time must the string factory be called?
Two Times?
1 anonymous string _anon:"hello";
2 string s:"";
and then assign the string _anon to s.

Or one time for string s init with char array "hello" ?

However I' expect that the factory is called for the string s at least one time. But when I trace the calls only the anonymous string gets a factory call. S is held uninitialized.
Do I understand that right, is this behaviour intentional?

Regards
Tom

**sigh**
ok, next time I swear I'll take a closer look at my source first.
I forgot the constructors.... shame on me...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement