Official Game / Game Engine Screenshot Thread.

Started by
400 comments, last by Sir Sapo 19 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by happylrac
BnW 2?

Yes... that's BnW2, but he's not a coder for it. He thought he made a a funny. But he made a !funny.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Advertisement
Unfortunatly I don't have any of my newer stuff online (too lazy to update my site), so here's some 4-12month old stuff.

Physics tests:

MathInvaders (an educational game I made for an assignment):

An arcade racing game:

'Tower', a physics-based game where you remove blocks one at a time from a tower and try not to let it fall down.

EDIT: fixed positions and some links
I admit I copied most of the post from an old similar thread.

Here's a list of all my finished games (free for download)

in chronological order:

Santa in Trouble (2mb) - Platform christmas game, pretty happy with the result. Really happy with the xmas mood it brings. First complete game(as in not a tetris clone or pong game or something crappy) got $200 for it :) Made it when I was 15.

HemoHes World Championshit 2001 (1.1mb) - My mostly spread game. Was on the most popular computer magazine in Finland and have been played by over 100k ppl. Been on a few top10 download charts and have alot of reviews on the web. Really proud of it. Made it when I was 16.

When Kittens Turn Bad (1.2mb) - Topdown game using my own assembly written rotation function and asm/mmx shadow function. You lawnmove kittens in this game else your head explodes. Cute little game. Made it when I was 17

4e3 Sux0r (2.2mb) - My entry for the 4e3 contest. Music and sound all made by me. If you have problems running it you need to replace the music files with something smaller, something that works. I've had that problem on my new computer. Pretty... intressting game. And nes8bit is the end boss!! Made it when I was 18

Xing Futsal (1mb) - Crappiest game I've made. I was promised alot off cash first. Began working on it, but it was really, really boring. Anyway, stopped the progress, was promised $200 if I made it into a little promotion game. Well, they asked too much for too little cash(that's less then what I get in two days at my current job). Anyway, completed it though as a little 1 on 1 game. But it do suck. Made it when I was 18

Oh Teh Pong (1mb) - YAY! This game was fun to make. It was for TA Contest 5. A little retro-game with style. Gives you atleast one laugh. Made it when I was 19

Saving Private Brewing (2.2mb) - Made it just before heading off to the army, really proud of this game. Turned out really well and was my first game using Direct3D and had a few matrix math stuff(which I didn't know before, but learn t pretty quick, hence I feel proud now). Made it when I was 19.

Cadog Adventures - Assembly'04 (6.2mb) (OSX Port)(Linux Port) - My latest game! Made it for a gamedev compo. Uses the same "round the world" look as Saving Private Brewing, because I liked it so much. I'm very proud of this one. I should finish it one day. The engine has very good code so I could easily add stuff to it. After this game I really started to feel that I was a good coder and gamedeveloper. Made it when I was 20.

There're my games, I hope I didn't miss any.

Enjoy!!! Comments are allways welcome!

/MindWipe

"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Wait, so was that guy a coder for lionhead or not?

if(!CoderForLionhead)
{
bool impressed = false;
return 0;
}
------------ "Here lies a toppled God,His fall was not a small one,We but built his pedastle,A narrow, and a tall one" Frank Herbert (Dune:Messiah)
This is my quasi-legitimate project:
IMG: jpg 170k
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
Quote:Original post by Kris2456
Wait, so was that guy a coder for lionhead or not?

I'm not sure - he's mentioned working for Lionhead in other posts, so he's either maintaining a massive delusion of grandeur, or he's very, very new. I'm surprised someone could not know that and work there though, unless he's an artist or something.

if (coderForLionhead)
{
return ++youAreSoJammy;
}
[sub]Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good![/sub]
Quote:Original post by MindWipe
BnW 2?

Yes... that's BnW2, but he's not a coder for it. He thought he made a a funny. But he made a !funny.

/MindWipe

Actually I am a coder there - although there is no real way for me to prove this.

Quote:Thread by The Bag
I was recently asked in a test what this:

int (* a)[10];

was. I have since put in into visual studio, but I cannot work out how to allocate memory for it. How do I do this?

...and? It was something I'd never used & I was asked about it - so I asked about it

If you want to dig up other stuff from my post history go ahead, most are questions from over the last few years of my uni degree.
Quote:Original post by The Bag
Quote:Original post by MindWipe
BnW 2?

/MindWipe

Actually I am a coder there - although there is no real way for me to prove this.

Quote:Thread by The Bag
I was recently asked in a test what this:

int (* a)[10];

was. I have since put in into visual studio, but I cannot work out how to allocate memory for it. How do I do this?

...and? It was something I'd never come across before that day, so I asked.

If you want to dig up other stuff from my post history go ahead, most are questions from over the last few years of my uni degree.

I think MindWipe was just surprised to see that sort of thing asked by a Lionhead coder, but I know Lionhead are looking for a certain brand of person rather than incredibly experienced industry veterans. I must admit I'm surprised you did the Abertay degree and then didn't know that, but then degrees leave the weirdest holes in knowledge - I'm a physicist, but I was at a loss yesterday to explain why the sky is blue and not black.

You are still so jammy, though.
[sub]Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good![/sub]
My BSc is from Glasgow, MSc from Abertay - I've only been working there 3 months now as a games coder.

I will say in defense of that thread, I'd been up for about 3 days by the time I posted that.
Well, if u are from Lionhead, in guildford.
Then hi, im from guildford too.

I went to Lionhead for Work Experience, and i really liked it. I wonder what its like working there. Anyway, say hi to the ppl for me.
------------ "Here lies a toppled God,His fall was not a small one,We but built his pedastle,A narrow, and a tall one" Frank Herbert (Dune:Messiah)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement