Is DarkBASIC Pro The Best Current Software To Create A Hockey Video Game?

Started by
91 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 5 months ago
nah, people. 2D hockey games is not so hard thing to develop.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Dmytry
nah, people. 2D hockey games is not so hard thing to develop.

What part of:
Quote:
I am a newbie and would like to create a hockey video game, that is ESPN 2k, and EA SPORTS NHL quality.

didn't you see? The EA SPORTS quality part?
never played any of these.. it's IMHO pointless to play "sport" games on computer, the only "sport" game i played on computer sometimes is pool, and only because i don't have pool table.
anyway. If he will ever start to code something, he will ajust "magnitude" of his project, and will make a 2D hockey game, if he will try hard enough.
Quote:Original post by Dmytry
If he will ever start to code something, he will ajust "magnitude" of his project, and will make a 2D hockey game, if he will try hard enough.

The games he mentioned are the top sports games (rendered with 3D perspective) with advanced AI, modelling, etc. And the majority of beginners don't adjust to a lower level, they quit.
Quote:Original post by vipejc
I am a newbie and would like to create a hockey video game, that is ESPN 2k, and EA SPORTS NHL quality. Is DarkBASIC Pro the best current software do this with?

Sure, it's possible with DarkBASIC Pro.

But you'll need to hire as many people as EA have working on their NHL games if you want something of comparable quality.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I'd use HTML and variables, if I were you.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
Quote:Original post by Boris Karloff

LOL! :)
From his profile:
Quote:Job Description - I think up numerous hockey video game ideas, concepts, and suggestions. Then collaborate and elaborate on them. With the producers and company. And have my material implemented into the hockey games.

Man, I want that job. Now I just have to find a company that specializes in collaborating and elaborating on hockey game ideas.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

Variables++ or Objective Variables are far better for these purposes.
Quote:Original post by Ravuya

Variables++ or Objective Variables are far better for these purposes.

True, but I think the real power of variables will surface once we have Managed Variables in the Visual Variables++.Net suite.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement