Some music to share!

Started by
68 comments, last by Pedro Camacho 17 years, 10 months ago
One of your songs was called Regn and that's the swedish word for rain, why?
Advertisement
Really? I thought I just made that up :p It was derived from the word Regeneration.

Sean Beeson
Sean Beeson | Composer for Media
www.seanbeeson.com
Hi Sean,

I have to echo everyone's comments here and tell you that you're stuff is great! I'm a composer as well and my composition process is extremely similar to yours. I always compose best when I have really vivid images in my head. And those inspirations can come from, nature, reading, films, etc.

I do love Debussy though :) Anyway, thanks for sharing your music and best of luck in your endeavors. If you have a minute and want to check out some of my stuff it's at:

http://www.jonathangeer.com/DemoMontage.mp3

Keep up the great work!

-- Jonathan Geer
A very nice and diverse portfolio of music. I would also make a more brief version for possible employers, because most of them won't listen past minute 2 if you are lucky.

You also have some solid orchestration skills, and have a nice asthetic to placement of differentiations between instruments, I would although also upgrade your orchestra samples if possible. The compositions are good though.

Sean
www.seanbeeson.com
Quote:Original post by Sean R Beeson
I personally, am not inspired by other composers music nearly as much as what I am vivid imagery that I see in my head when I am inspired by the situation that requires the composition. For example, one of my pieces was written for a Civil War game. I get inspiration from seeing images in my mind of the war occuring.

Which song is that?
I posted it in the help wanted part of the forums looking for work. It is titled "March of the Greenbacks" The client wanted a civil war+ Hollywood looping track. I am happy with the piece, but wish I could have had more time to work with it, because I ended up having to complete it in one day due to time contraints of the developers part.

Sean
www.seanbeeson.com
The best quality stuff I've ever heard posted here. Good luck!
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Hey Sean,

Thanks for listening and for the comments. For my orchestra samples I have a mixture of Vienna, Miroslav and Symphonic Implants, but I'm still learning how to use them to their full potential and will hopefully continue to improve the more I use them. I don't have EWQLSO, but will probably purchase it in the future.

-- Jonathan
This man is truly a descendant of Beethoven....
I enjoyed listening your songs.
Good Stuff, nice imagination, best of luck to you in the future ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement