CD3DFont

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 11 months ago
I'm following along Intro to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0 by Frank Luna and am trying to use the CD3DFont class. I am using the April 2006 version of the SDK and can't find the following files to add to my project: d3dfont.h, d3dfont.cpp, d3dutil.h, d3dutil.cpp, dxutil.h, dxutil.cpp. He states that they should be in the Include and Src folders located in \Samples\C++\Common folder. My Common folder has no subfolders :S Can anyone help?
---------------------My specs (because I always forget to post them)Intel P4 2.4 GHz640 MB system memoryRadeon 9700 PROWindows XPDirectX 9DirectX 8.1 SDK
Advertisement
TWild,

Unless I'm mistaken Microsoft removed that sample framework from DirectX 9c, in favor of the new DXUT framework. The new framework contains much of what the old did, and is arguably easier to use, however certain things got lost in the transition, including their Font support.

Largely this is because the ID3DXFont class has improved dramatically in performance and generally the preferred method for using fonts now. See the Text3D sample in the DirectX SDK.

Cheers!
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Thanks Jeromy!
---------------------My specs (because I always forget to post them)Intel P4 2.4 GHz640 MB system memoryRadeon 9700 PROWindows XPDirectX 9DirectX 8.1 SDK
summer 2004 sdk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement