01.00 - START HERE

Started by
51 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 5 months ago
I started going through one of the Game Programming books pimped by this sight, but my senior year got in the way. Got my BS in Computer Science, and now I am ready to learn how to put it to work (esp. since I don''t have any -- work that is).
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Advertisement
okay..okay..I''m convinced with this tutorial so I''m in..definitely

Uuu...what does this button do ?
Uuu...what does this button do ?
''Sup,

I''ve been programming for 5 years in various languages, mainly C and C++, but couldn''t ever piece together the pieces to make a game. I hope to learn some neat tricks and methods in this forum ... so count me in!

hitokiri

I am the beginning and the end.
I am the beginning and the end.
g''day all!
i think teej deserves a lot of credit for his commitment in giving us all an opportunity to take the next step, from doing what we love - playing games - to creating a glimmer of a chance of developing them. a glimmer it seems now, but i feel im gonna ride this wave to its break and hopefully not wipeout :D

goodluck all!

ride with me...
Hi Crew,
I''m new here and probably would still be counted as a would-be programmer.
I started Visual Basic 6 about a month ago (as a foundation before taking on the likes of C++) and was wondering if any of you could tell me where to find some simple VB tutorials.
I''m learning through "Sams Teach Yourself VB6 in 24 Hours" but there isn''t much to test myself on there.

Thanks

"As long as the matrix exists, the human race will never be free."
"As long as the matrix exists, the human race will never be free."
What can i say. I dont need any Begining Game Programing with ?????.
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de
I just discovered this here forum tutorial. MMmmm looks mighty yummy. I''m ready to hit this shiz. Lets do it.

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
Hi,
I''ve just noticed this forum and thought I''d give it a go see if I can learn anything new.

I have been programming for over 7 years now in various languages including C and C++.
Computer games and graphics are two my strongest interests.
I''ve touched on some game development, recently I''ve been working on creating a 3D game engine, a demo of which is on my site www.lee-hall.com , but I''m looking to pick up some more knowledge.
Keep up the good work Teej

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement