C# Workshop - Introduction

Started by
158 comments, last by Ambro 16 years ago
Count me in.
Advertisement
I am skeptical of using the specs as a learning source, especially for beginners. And I'm skeptical of the ordering (I'm of the opinion that generic containers should be taught before arrays in languages that have them).

I doubt I'll have the time to contribute substantially, but will likely browse the workshop forum and answer some questions.
I'm interested in participating (as a student).

If it so happens that you're still unable to get the desired level of support from the forum software in time I'm also happy to help out with moving threads around and whatnot.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I am very much interested in joining :)
Sweet, does this mean I can hang up my pointers for good?
Cout me in. I have been playing around with XNA for the last month and I like C# a lot. Looking forward to getting started.
Quote:Original post by jwalsh
As you know, C++ is very different from VB, both in syntax, and also in semantics. This is both a blessing and a curse, however, as the differences make it more difficult to learn the two languages at the same time, while making it easier to keep the two of them separate in your mind.

In contrast, C# is VERY similar to C++ in semantics, and even closer in Syntax.
Don't Visual Basic and C# have almost identical semantics? I'm sure I've seen people say VB.Net is effectively just a different syntax for C#.
I am also interested.
regards/thallishI don't care if I'm known, I'd rather people know me
I think I'm sufficiently capable to give this workshop a miss, but I would like to indicate an interest in any future, more advanced, C# workshop were there to be such a thing.
[TheUnbeliever]
Sounds fun, count me in.
I'm interested too.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement