C# Workshop - Introduction

Started by
158 comments, last by Ambro 16 years ago
I am interested in this as well. I have taken a semester of Java roughly 6 months ago, and didn't really come away with much. Partly because of my horribly crowded schedule... Now that I have some free time I have been looking to jump back onto the programming horse. I will be practicing from now untill the start of the workshop :)
Advertisement
Would like to join in on this. I am talking 12 credits this summer, but should be able to find some time.
Count me in too. C# is a language I love, but I don't know much about it. Also, don't expect me to ask much questions - I am quite busy these days [smile]
Quote:Original post by acidwillburnyou
I'm in!

Btw, i'm not sure if it's been already said, but are we using a particular book? May i suggest using an online reference of some sort instead so that more people will tend to participate?

Thanks,

Karan
I'm in!

Btw, i'm not sure if it's been already said, but are we using a particular book? May i suggest using an online reference of some sort instead so that more people will tend to participate?

Thanks,

Karan

If you read jwalsh's first post you will see that he thought the same thing, so he made the choice to do it with online reference.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
Sounds good i will join.
I'm definitely interested in the workshop. Has a signups thread been started yet?
Quote:Original post by Mortomes
I'm definitely interested in the workshop. Has a signups thread been started yet?

Nope, not yet. I'll create a signup thread once the C# Workshop forum is created. In the mean time, you can use this thread to express interest and enthusiasm in the workshop. As well as ask clarification questions.

The more people who are interested, the more the community becomes aware of its existence, and the more successful it will be. As was seen with the C++ Workshop, these work better the more people involved and following along.

Also, expressing interest here might help in motivating the devs to create the workshop forum. Setting these up requires a good amount of time and effort, so lets let them know it's not for nothing.

Cheers!
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
I would love to help out with the workshop, if you are looking for that sort of thing.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Quote:Original post by jwalsh
Quote:Original post by Mortomes

Nope, not yet. I'll create a signup thread once the C# Workshop forum is created. In the mean time, you can use this thread to express interest and enthusiasm in the workshop. As well as ask clarification questions.

The more people who are interested, the more the community becomes aware of its existence, and the more successful it will be. As was seen with the C++ Workshop, these work better the more people involved and following along.

Also, expressing interest here might help in motivating the devs to create the workshop forum. Setting these up requires a good amount of time and effort, so lets let them know it's not for nothing.

Cheers!

Jeromy,

Your C# Workshop idea looks great! I'm definitely interested. Thanks for providing this kind of service for us beginners. This is definitely a "pro bono" service on your part (and the tutors' part) that will be appreciated by many.

Dave FF

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement