What console are you buying in 2013?

Started by
94 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 10 years, 6 months ago

Ya my friend has a nexus 7 and we have developed for it already. But that cost him €200 I think. OUYA is €100 cheaper than that.Being a student still that 100 can mean a lot.

Yea, that's a crappy position to be in. Personally I'd recommend penny pinching and trying to save up for the nexus though. It's more expensive, but it's also a lot more useful. With a bluetooth keyboard and a stylus you could replace most of your school related things (notebooks, laptop, some text books, etc) on top of having a development tablet with the same specs and platform as the Ouya.

Thats actually a good point. I would be getting the development possibilities plus all the other functions that come with the nexus while the ouya only gives me the gaming side. The little I have used of the nexus I have really liked.

Advertisement
Keep the toys: I will be enjoying adult hardware and game controllers - thank you very much! laugh.png

^^^^ This! I build my own pc every 2-3 years with the top stuff on the market. On my pc i can play almost everything that interests me and if i really need a controller i can just connect a 360 controller. Also if somehow my Graphics card or something else is too crappy for a game i want to play i can just switch the part out and don't have to buy a new system. Also in most cases the graphics on pc are better and the games can be modded to be even more fun (best example: The Elder Scrolls series). Who needs consoles? :)

"Errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum."

Not really impressed with the consoles, but at the same time I've been so disheartened by the lack of support for PC, so I don't know if I'll buy a console, stick to PC or just find another hobby dry.png

Actually, in every major category there is more than enough support for PC.

You just need to look for that support. Often it is a only few minutes to an hour of searching to discover world class PC support for almost anything.

Remember: Research is the intellectual backbone of game development.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

If so, I'd buy a upcoming Steam Box with a Oculus Rift headset.

Think I'll just be sticking with my PC. I was pretty excited for the release of the OUYA, but it looks like it's going to be a colossal failure. As much fun as it is to play vidya with people over the internet I'd still take having a game in front of the TV with actual people by your side over the PC anyday. I wish that my PC could do split screen for ports that it gets from console games so I could just plug it into my TV.

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kick-ass http://www.newvoxel.com

Oculus Rift headset.

That's the only worthwhile game product IMO.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

The Wii U is finally $300 (for deluxe). That's the way it should have been from the beginning. Though I think Nintendo is missing an opportunity to sell more consoles by phasing out the Basic edition of the Wii U. It doesn't look like it'll be around on September 20 or beyond. Which is ashame as they could have that marketshare pretty to themselves. Assuming the September 20 price drop and Wii U Basic still around, it would have looked like:

• $200 - Wii
  • $250 - Wii U Basic
  • $300 - Wii U Deluxe
  • $400 - PS4
  • $500 - Xbox X1

In any case, I'll definitely be buying a Wii U if GTA 5 is released for it. Although, I'd feel better about buying one, if Tomb Raider and Destiny were released for it as well.

PS4 - A DAY WITH PLAYSTATION Trailer (TGS 2013)

If I have the money, I plan on getting a Wii U and Playstation 4.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement