Why do I keep getting randomly signed-off?

Started by
17 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 10 years, 10 months ago

Since yesterday, I've been randomly and automatically logged out of my session. It's happened 3 times so far. Is it just me or is there something going on?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

I have not experienced this.

If you change your password does it stop? (Maybe you've been hacked?)

Well I hope not. I've changed my password. Let's see if that helps.

Nope, that didn't work. When I read your post, I was logged off. Then I changed my password and was logged in. Came back to this page, posted the post above, and was immediately logged out again. Now I logged back in, just so I can write this. So this makes 5 times now.

I will investigate it.. I can say though that our server went through a MAJOR change last night. That is to say, we *almost* have the site completely moved over to a new server but there is still more to be done. I'm not sure why you would have login issues just yet.

Hrmm.. I've been seeing some issues myself with it going off and back on.

Guys if you spot any patterns please let me know. I did make some tweaks to our varnish cache.. it may be thinking the site went down because it didn't get a response quick enough from the backend web server. I upped it from 300ms.

I actually had this problem a while back on here, it was really obnoxious. I don't recall what fixed it, but I believe it was my machine/browser/etc... Try uninstalling and re-installing your browser. Perhaps something is out of date, who knows. All I know is that I actually stopped coming here for a time because it was just so inconvenient.

It's strange, happened to me too in Chromium yesterday. Occasionally I'd click on a subforum or topic and I'd end up logged off on that page, but would get logged back in automatically at the next visit. Nothing today yet.

And, no, I haven't been haxxored ph34r.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Is it still happening now?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement