It's me, I'm New!

Started by
3 comments, last by snowmiser 7 years, 1 month ago

I have always loved gaming, my favorite games are:

Minecraft - I love making things, and whacking creepers. I think it is truly a great game.

GTA V - The freedom this game gives is crazy with amazing graphics and story's

Skyrim - I loved morrowind and Skyrim just built on what I loved.

Basically I love games where I am free to do what I like when I like!

I have just recently dipped my toe into creating games, I am a artist but love the idea of being able to create a game from start to end so I have started a course with polygon college to learn to create games and really looking forward to creating stuff with unity.

Fingers crossed for a great life as a games developer.

Any advice for a budding game developer would be greatly appreciated

Joooey!

Advertisement
Welcome! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

I am a artist but love the idea of being able to create a game from start to end so I have started a course with polygon college to learn to create games and really looking forward to creating stuff with unity.

My advice is if you are an artist and want to make openworld games, you will want to look into the Unreal engine instead.

Unity is code heavy, even just to get your art into the game, it has a huge amount of import errors and a lot of the built-in tools are outdated. If however you are very interested in scripting, then Unity is a good choice.

Making your first game from start to end should be your first goal, even if it's just Tic-tac-toe. Understanding what it takes to start and end a game, will allow you to plan better for larger games.

Welcome.

Thanks Guys,

Scouting Ninja - Will look at Unreal and will take on your advice :)

Super Looking forward to it all!!!!!

Welcome, friend! I'm new here as well. It looks like this is a really neat community of people that we will be able to learn much from.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement