Particle demo of a n00b

Started by
8 comments, last by Luivatra 21 years, 9 months ago
Hi all, I''m a newb @ OGL so I would like to hear your comments about my work. The coolest demo I''ve made so far can be downloaded here. Other stuff can be downloaded at my site. Grtz, Luivatra PS Sorry if this is not the way to link in this forum.
Advertisement
... all my particle engine can do is make an explosion and a fountain... anyways, that''s a pretty cool demo. you should put an instruction text file along with it though. -PmanC

*goes off to work on particle engine*
LOL...I just reformatted my comp, and I got the most unexpected error: "A required file, DINPUT8.DLL, was not found." Haha, lucky I backed up the install file, or it would be a 10+ mb d/l thru my skinny 56k line.

------------------------------------------------------------
"You there! CAKE OR DEATH?"
"Uh...I''ll have the cake please"
"All right! Give him cake! You! CAKE OR DEATH?"
"Uh...I''ll have cake too."
"All right! Give him cake too! At this rate we''re going to run out of cake! You! CAKE OR DEATH?"
"Death please.....Nonono, I meant cake, I meant cake!"
"You said death first death first! Alright... give him cake...you''re lucky I''m Church of England. YOU! CAKE OR DEATH?"
"Cake, please."
"Well too bad! We''re out of cake! We weren''t expecting such a rush."
"Alright, I''ll have the chicken."
"Here you are. Would you like some white wine with that?" -Eddie Izzard
Hmm, looks good. Too bad I can''t set resolution myself...
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
Thank u for your replies.

"Too bad I can''t set resolution myself..."

A config window is on my todo list, ill work on it

I can see nothing but a black screen with the seconds/fps counters...
the log says every thing went ok though.
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
You have to click the mouse i the screen to see the effect. Very cool, however I tested it on my crappy xp machine, but still managed to get 20 fps. I liked it
If at first you don't suceed do something easier!.
Very cool effect!

You should make a tutorial about it someday. Or maybe make it into a screensaver with the particles flying between random spots.

Anyway, it ran at a steady 60 FPS in fullscreen mode and 75 FPS in windowed mode (strangely enough). My PC is an Athlon 1GHz, GeForce 2 GTS, running Windows XP.
I get around 500 fps on my brothers computer...

Athlon XP1800+ (1533Mhz)
512 Mb DDR SDRAM
GF4 Ti4200 64Mb

It drops from about 2300 fps when there is no particles onscreen.

Looks great!

Henrym
My Site
Very nice, I especially like left clicking to see particles and right click to change colors =). Keep up the good work!

Ran decently on my computer.

FPS Fullscreen:150
FPS Window:120

466MHz Celery Processor
512Mb SDRAM
Radeon 7200

"Where there''s a will, there''s a way."

Newbie Programmer Extraordinaire (Haha)

EDIT: Oh by the way, no cracks on the computer please!

[edited by - LiquidSniper on July 31, 2002 2:31:53 AM]
"Where there''s a will, there''s a way." Newbie Programmer Extraordinaire (Haha)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement