Quality of code is getting lower and lower?

Started by
81 comments, last by Raloth 19 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Raduprv
And why are you using the wheel? It's so obsolete.
and why With the wheel, there is no comparable alternative. There are faster, more efficient means of travel, but they are much more expensive. With C, there are languages that are comparable in features and cost of implementation.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
Well, the english language is not much different than it was 30 years ago. According to CM, we should learn a new human language every 10 years or so.
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
and why With the wheel, there is no comparable alternative. There are faster, more efficient means of travel, but they are much more expensive. With C, there are languages that are comparable in features and cost of implementation.

Do you live under a rock? Magnetic levitation trains are much better, more economical and faster than regular trains that use wheels.
Quote:Original post by Grizwald
And why are you using the wheel? It's so obsolete.

I know!! And combustion engines are much older than 30 years!

and your mother is over 30 too! She must also be worthless

combustion engines should be replaced, they are incredibly inneficient. My mother has the ability to learn and change, which has allowed her to continue to be usefull as she ages. We have learned since C was developed, and we came up with C++. We have learned since C++ was developed, and soon a new language will replace it.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

If you don't like a language, it doesn't mean that those who use that language are obsolete. It just means that that language is so good it's still used after ~30 years.

Do you live under a rock? Magnetic levitation trains are much better, more economical and faster than regular trains that use wheels.
and C++ is better than C.

If you don't like a language, it doesn't mean that those who use that language are obsolete. It just means that that language is so good it's still used after ~30 years.
if you don't evolve along side an ever evolving job market, then you may find yourself as one of those dinosaurs we read about in those book things.

Nice, whoever rated me down, because I've obviously been mean and unhelpful here.

And how exactly is it better?
Yes, you'll say, new features and OOP.
To that, I'll say that if I need a TV, I buy a TV, not a 10 in one thing that acts as a refrigerator, microwave oven, vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and TV.
if you don't evolve along side an ever evolving job market, then you may find yourself as one of those dinosaurs we read about in those book things.

Nice, whoever rated me down, because I've obviously been mean and unhelpful here.

There is still a market for C programmers.
And how exactly is it better?
Yes, you'll say, new features and OOP.
To that, I'll say that if I need a TV, I buy a TV, not a 10 in one thing that cacts as a refrigerator, microwave overn, vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and TV.

Oh, I remember, you're still stuck on "C has fewer reserved words, that means it's easier than C++". Let's see you get by with half of your vocabulary in regular life.

and when I say OOP, you'll counter with "OOP isn't appropriate for everything". Oh, really? Perhaps that's why structured programming is still possible in C++.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement