Images of the tsunami

Started by
56 comments, last by PumpkinPieman 19 years, 4 months ago
nes8bit:
sadly, you are right.

but another fact, most animals would run and survive...
Advertisement
http://datawhat.blogspot.com/2004/12/waterworld_28.html

To people who don't understand how the tsunami did so much damage, look at the video called: In a hotel at Banda Aceh. 1:13 minutes 3.5 MB

Also on http://www.waxy.org/archive/2004/12/28/amateur_.shtml there is a video called: sri_lanka_resort.wmv (6MB) which I haven't seen before.

Scary..

Have they even had time to find the ones who are in the water?

I mean, all the casualties so far were the people who they found on the beach. But I'm sure there were a lot of people on boats/swimming/sucked in the water with receding wave, and so. Have they been accounted for?
Quote:Original post by Pouya

I mean, all the casualties so far were the people who they found on the beach. But I'm sure there were a lot of people on boats/swimming/sucked in the water with receding wave, and so. Have they been accounted for?

They wash in with each new tide.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
I think the scariest thing about the tsunami was that after the waves, it started to suck the water back out to sea, with people in it. I would hate to be sucked out to sea, trying to swim against that current would be unbelievably hard...

People would of got tired and drown :(

I've heared they are not counting the bodies anymore as they are gettin rotten by now. I think they also must discard the rotten bodies before they cause some sort of epidemic thing.

I've seen the videos. This is too sad. I didn't understand until I saw them.

Quote:Original post by JexMX
to swim against that current would be unbelievably hard...

I've experienced something like that in a sea 1000000000000000000000 times more calm than this one, and I can tell you: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to scape from such a current. I got traped between the bottom of the sea and the surface of the water (I've calculated there were 2,50mts there) I couldn't jump out, nor swim to the surface. I was hoping a wave would take me out, and when I started to accept I was going to die and started to feel sleepy, the sea expelled me out.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote:Original post by owl

I've heared they are not counting the bodies anymore as they are gettin rotten by now. I think they also must discard the rotten bodies before they cause some sort of epidemic thing.

I've experienced something like that in a sea 1000000000000000000000 times more calm than this one, and I can tell you: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to scape from such a current. I got traped between the bottom of the sea and the surface of the water (I've calculated there were 2,50mts there) I couldn't jump out, nor swim to the surface. I was hoping a wave would take me out, and when I started to accept I was going to die and started to feel sleepy, the sea expelled me out.

It was just a test :P You're lucky

Water is REALLY powerful stuff. Even a river can have undertows and whatnot.
I love me and you love you.
This is terriable, it like from a movie, dawn of the dead the only difference if thats its real.

http://img145.exs.cx/img145/1879/ruumiita4ft.jpg
Quote:Original post by Grizwald
Quote:Original post by owl

It was just a test :P You're lucky

Water is REALLY powerful stuff. Even a river can have undertows and whatnot.

Six inches of fast moving water is enough to knock you off your feet, so I've heard.
Quote:Original post by Leadorn
This is terriable, it like from a movie, dawn of the dead the only difference if thats its real.

http://img145.exs.cx/img145/1879/ruumiita4ft.jpg

Warning, disturbing image. Kind of puts it into perspective though and makes you realise just how bad this event was/is.
--------------------------------------------Rockpool GamesMani Golf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement