I got thrown out of a store!

Started by
66 comments, last by klems 19 years, 3 months ago
Well, not thrown out...but I was asked to leave. Why? I opened up Windows Help by pressing the F1 key. I was in a Wherehouse Music store and I started using one of their search kiosks. I was looking if they had any Star Trek DVDs in stock. The search page was actually a website which could be viewed in some fancy-pants tweaked Internet Explorer. I got to a point where I needed to go back to the previous page, but there wasen't a back button. I tried Alt + Left Arrow but that didn't work. So I minimized IE and pressed F1 for Windows Help. I wanted to see what the shortcuts in IE were (as I don't use IE at all). At this point, the manager of the store comes up to me and tels me "I don't know what you are doing, but I am going to have to ask you to leave the store". So, I'm like WTF. I told him I am trying to search around for Star Trek DVDs. He then asked me again to leave the store. I went out to my car to get a notepad and went back into the store to get his name and telephone number, as well as the name and telephone number of the district manager. He then asked me quite rudly "Are you leaving now?" I got so pissed that I went home and wrote an e-mail in the most polite and elegant manner possible about how much of an asshole this asshole was. After a bit of googling, I got the e-mail address for the CEO of the mother company (Trans World Entertainment), CFO, Sales, complaint department, and a whole bunch of other important-sounding people and sent off my e-mail to all of them. I await this manager's ass on a golden platter. (rant, kthx)
Advertisement
thanks for sharing your E/N...now tell us what happens when he gets his keys to the store taken away...
I was almost thrown out of a Chapters store for dropping their search kiosks back to the command prompt (Win2k terminal server).
Nice. That guys probably having nightmares about you right now.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Chances are, they are not going to listen to you. Maybe try filing a complaint with your local better business bureau? Hope that jackass burns in hell >_<
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
Quote:Original post by Xtremehobo
Chances are, they are not going to listen to you. Maybe try filing a complaint with your local better business bureau? Hope that jackass burns in hell >_<

I don't know man. If I were a CFO and I read something of that nature I would much rather let the guy go then see a pissed off customer. Remember...employees are liabilities...

Anyway, a complaint to the BBB would be good, but if nothing else works. ^_^
A store clerk in a couch store asked my girlfriend and I to leave for making out on one of their couches. It was pretty funny... And somewhat ackward.

Getting kicked out for opening up the Windows Help is more entertaining though.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Why didn't you just ask someone?
When I was ten I thought it was funny to do those things to the info kiosks. I would close out of internet explorer, and come back about thirty minutes later to see if someone had noticed it. I was really bored when my mom was shopping as you can see.
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
A store clerk in a couch store asked my girlfriend and I to leave for making out on one of their couches. It was pretty funny... And somewhat ackward.

Getting kicked out for opening up the Windows Help is more entertaining though.

I wouldn't want to see you making out on the store's couch. Of course, I would just stop looking ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement