I got thrown out of a store!

Started by
66 comments, last by klems 19 years, 3 months ago
BBB doesn't work. I complained once about Virgin Mobile, and got no response whatsoever from either BBB or Virgin Mobile.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath
Why didn't you just ask someone?
How can you possibly ask such a rational question? You know the objective here is to indicate how technologically literate/skilled/advanced we are, how perfectly pedestrian the masses are, and how they persecute us for fear of our skills!

The manager should be fired!</sarcasm>
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
A store clerk in a couch store asked my girlfriend and I to leave for making out on one of their couches. It was pretty funny... And somewhat ackward.

Now that's the proper way to get kicked out of a store.
Ra
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
How can you possibly ask such a rational question? You know the objective here is to indicate how technologically literate/skilled/advanced we are, how perfectly pedestrian the masses are, and how they persecute us for fear of our skills!

The manager should be fired!</sarcasm>
Stupid people exist, dude. It's reality. They're not technically illiterate, they're just stupid idiots.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Again, i will refer to Al Pacino's speech at the end of Scent of a Woman
Quote:If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!

I was asked to leave and never return from a computer store in my hometown.

First I had bought a sound card, but then fixed another one I had, so I took the one I bought back for a refund.
Well, they said their policy was they didn't offer cash back for returns as was printed out on the receipt. First I pointed out that I didn't want cash back, I wanted a credit back on my credit card. They didn't bite. Secondly I pointed out that what they were doing was illegal and that they needed to have their return policy clearly displayed and available to the customer prior to the sale. I.e. putting it on the receipt after purchase is useless. I got my money back, but they were quite unhappy.

Later I had a problem with my motherboard, and Windows got corrupted, and I didn't have a spare hard drive to do a back up, so I took it to them to fix it. They said I needed to format my drive (which they were just going to do without my permission, had I not called). I specifically told them to fix/diagnose the problem with my motherboard and to back up a certain set of files. They told me it would cost more for the backup and I said okay.

So, they "fix" the problem and I try my computer out and what do I find:
1. The motherboard still locks up solid.
2. The files I specifically asked for backed up, were no where to be found. Only some of them.
3. I got screwed out of $120 of jack $#!7

So I go back over there, and very politely (in front of numerous other customers) point out that the technician totally botched it up, lied to me (something else all together), and failed to do any of what I paid for. I never asked for a refund though, and the people there were like "well, he's asking for his money back..." NO I'M NOT! Morons. Eventually, they agree that they will give me a refund if I never set foot in the store again.

The great part is, they gave me a check, and in the memo it said "NO PURCHASES IN THE FUTURE!!!"
Hilarious.
They thought they could pull a fast one on me because they just assumed I didn't know much about computers (like most people). No mess with someone who's studying computer science!
Like when I had people at Staples, and a local electronics place tell me it was impossible to attached a standard CAT5 to a crossover CAT5 to extend them. Told me 1. It's impossible. 2. If you do, you'll burn out the electronics.
Radioshack hooked me up with the little connector I needed in 2 seconds though. God bless Radioshack. You'd think a computer technician would at least understand how wire work! [wink]
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau

Why would I need to ask somebody when I could do it myself?

Haven't been in a retail store lately, I see.

The latest trend in retail is "Fire 90% of the floor associates to temporarily inflate our stock value and jump ship with millions of dollars before the shareholders figure out what's going on".

Customers don't get help anymore, and it's not because we don't try. It's just that the average associate-to-customer ratio has gone from about 1:3 to about 1:20 in the past 2 years.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
Customers don't get help anymore, and it's not because we don't try. It's just that the average associate-to-customer ratio has gone from about 1:3 to about 1:20 in the past 2 years.

Is that entirely a bad thing? I've always hated stores that have too many salespeople on the floor constantly asking if you need anything. It's very patronizing and annoying. There ought to be only enough people staffed to help those customers which ask for it.
----Bart
It is a bad thing when you have a question. You hunt them down, find them, ask them a question, they run off somewhere and don't come back. Repeat this until you can't take it and explode.
I got kicked out of our mall a fwe months ago, me and my friend were on the top carpark eating pizza, when we thought it was a good idea to try and climb up the walls.
We forgot they had cameras.

And then another mall because we se a flare off in the carpark. :(

And then Target because we sat there for half an hour watching the simpsons, on two chairs we moved there from the furniture department... and five teddy bears we took from the toy area.

But... for opening up Windows Help?
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement