[.net] Voice over internet? help

Started by
5 comments, last by trevaaar 19 years, 2 months ago
Hi there. In one of my multimedia applications, I must have 12-15 persons, connected to the internet, speaking so everyone is hearing everyone at any time. When I took the project I was very confident in what DrectPlay has to offer, even if i didn't use it before. Now, after I've installed the last DirectX SDK, in documentation, on DirectPlay.Voice(i'm using .NET) it's says that is DEPRECATED, so I cannot use it anymore. Do you guys know of any library that I could use on doing this? Because I'm really stuck and the first deadline approaches, so I cannot build my own library to do this. Please help. Any suggestion is welcomed.
Advertisement
Isn't it called DirectVoice now? Did they move it into a new DLL named DirectVoice?
hi. sorry, but didn't find any information of such a thing.
With Longhorn it will probably go into the OS SDK or something, but until then sorry I don't know.
The fact that it's deprecated is not that you can't USE it anymore. Versions up to 8 are still available.
you are right, but i've heard that from directx 10 and beyond, there will be no support for older versions. I may try to build a dll and then to replace it when longhorn steps on the market.
They can't drop runtime support for older libraries because the majority of programs depend on older versions of DirectX. Who would buy Longhorn if they knew that almost every multimedia program they had bought before DirectX 9 was popular wouldn't work? I can understand if they stop developing updates for the deprecated features, but programs built using these features will still work.

On a side note, why did Microsoft create a Managed DirectDraw after DirectDraw had been deprecated?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement