Does Anyone know a good debugger?

Started by
4 comments, last by FlowingOoze 18 years, 10 months ago
i have started to use free compilers as DevC++/CodeBlocks/MinGw develeoper studio.i've found them nice(more complicated than i've thought).But i have a serious matter with them.İ am using these compilers with Qt(a 3. party Gui complicated qui library). My Matter is their debugger is not working well.They are not moving step by step (although there is an button for that).They are only stopping on breaks(sometimes:) ) .İs there a good debugger that i can integrate with DevC++/ Code Blocks/minGW?
Essegin Ziki:) bunu bu sitede imza hesabına yazsam kimse anlamaz!!!:)
Advertisement
sorry, dont know any =(
Since the compiler you're using is gcc, I'd say your choice is limited to gdb (which is what you're using under the hood anyway). You could simply try running gdb from the command line. Not quite as elegant, but just as useful, after you've learned a few basic commands, like 'print' and 'frame' and 'break'.
D-D-D D-D-D Debugger :P
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
The problem is that the MinGW port of gdb is quite unstable, personally, I just switch to Linux and debug there, you may want to Install Cygwin's gdb and DDD and use that instead of the Mingw gdb port.

Edit: Now that I think about it, you should be able to replace your MinGW gdb with the Cygwin one, you would just have to place a copy of cygwin1.dll on your bin directory, the debugger on Dev-C++ would then maybe break and step properly.
I've had problems with MingW myself (though not with the debugger). I'd recommend switching to cygwin and using -mno-cygwin if you don't want to link to cygwin1.dll. It's worth the hassle you might have to deal with when using/compiling third party libraries. Use cygcheck to check that you're not linking to cygwin1.dll.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement